PDA

View Full Version : Fujinon-W 210mm f/5.6 Writing on Front

David Aimone
30-Dec-2019, 10:06
Ok, I've read in multiple places about this lens before purchasing it. I was looking for a wide angle that would cover 8x10.

Like here:
https://www.photrio.com/forum/threads/fujinon-w-210mm-f-5-6-for-8x10.155036/

However, I just shot 4 images pretty much close to or at infinity, and here is what I get, and a photo of the lens itself:

Am I missing something??

Thanks!

Dan Fromm
30-Dec-2019, 10:15
Lens hood collapsed or extended?

Any shift, swing, tilt, rise or fall?

Greg
30-Dec-2019, 10:22
Hard to tell from the image, but do you have a lenshood on the FUJI? In the mid 1990s, I once had a similar lens that should have covered 8x10 but didn't. Posted my predicament on the WEB, and another person posted that same question... sure enough the lens had a very shallow "lenshood" (if you could even call it that) that vignetted the projected image and when removed, the lens did indeed cover 8x10.

David Aimone
30-Dec-2019, 10:27
Bingo! Yes it did come with a lens hood and I used it. I'm glad I'm not the first fool to do it! ;)

To answer Dan, yes there was so shift going on, but as you can see the vignette is in all four corners. When it stops raining/sleeting/snowing/freezing rain out, I'll give it another test. Thanks!!!

Dan Fromm
30-Dec-2019, 10:50
David, the vignetting is most evident in the upper left corner, hard to see in the other three. That's why I suspected movements.

David Aimone
30-Dec-2019, 11:11
Yes, harder to see in other corners. Thanks!

David, the vignetting is most evident in the upper left corner, hard to see in the other three. That's why I suspected movements.

fuegocito
30-Dec-2019, 11:46
Glad you have it sorted out David. When using shorter lens, regardless of format, I usually pay more attention to image poking outside of image circle, or lens hood, and front rail/bed getting into the image or causing vignetting, also with the bellow compressed toward the back, I also make sure that doesn't block out image edge as well.

Happy shooting and happy holidays.

David Aimone
4-Jan-2020, 10:18
Well it started pouring after my first shot, so I didn't get to try focusing at infinity. But no vignetting on this one (without the lens hood). :)

esearing
28-Sep-2021, 04:32
I have the Fuiji 210 W 5.6 with the inside lettering and use it on my 5x12 which has a slightly longer diagonal than 8x10. Works just fine. Mine has a serial number in the 215xxx series so yours is newer. You can also try and point your camera to a blue sky or evenly lit white paper on a sunny day and meter the glass center and corners to see if any light fall off.

Vaughn
28-Sep-2021, 08:12
That is why I like clipped corners on the GG -- easy to see such problems in the field on each set-up: what might be blocking the light (lens hood, bellow sag, excessive use of movements) and what f/stop is needed to avoid them.