PDA

View Full Version : JOBO broken down - Please help

Sammy_4293
30-Nov-2005, 20:46
My JOBO was broken down tonight. Who can provide me a service dept. phone number? Many thanks!

Oren Grad
30-Nov-2005, 20:52
If you are in the US, call the new Jobo distributor, OmegaSatter, at (410) 374-3250 and ask for the parts and repair department.

resummerfield
30-Nov-2005, 21:35
Just something to consider...... Unless you have physically broken a unique plastic part, most repairs can be made by substituting standard hardware store parts. If you need something only available through official Jobo/Omega distributors, it will likely be expensive. And in that case, it may be better to purchase a used Jobo on ebay. Just a thought....

Ted Harris
1-Dec-2005, 08:20
Some of the smaller mechanical parts are not expensive,the larger more complex electronic units are. If you give us more details, such as the model of the unit and the problems you are having someone may be able to give you more direct assistance.

Sammy_4293
1-Dec-2005, 08:32
The problem is following:

I am using 3000 series Expert Drums. It has been working well for the past 4 years. But, last night, I experienced the rotaion speed of the drum being sluggish ow seem to struggle with 3010 drum at speed 3-4 with 10,000 ml Tmax Re developer.

OmegaSatter told me it will cost about $250. Can I fix it by myself as weekend project? Please help.

Stan. Laurenson-Batten
1-Dec-2005, 10:00
Have you tried the speed setting at 'P' ?

It is the setting I use for the film and chemicals that you are using with the 3010 - to best effect.

Are your rail rollers in good order and not binding or worn?.

You can alway use the drums on the roller bed by hand, it works quite well in an emergency -
although tedious.

Stephen Willard
2-Dec-2005, 07:22
Have you been properly greasing your cog gears on the lift arm? If not they may be damaged or just need a little bit of grease. If they are damaged then they are cheap to replace.

George Kara
17-May-2007, 07:06
Hi All

This is a similar problem that just bit me and newly aquired used cpp-2. The motor has given up the ghost. It became sluggish, started clicking and then just froze up. No setting will work. For a few minutes I could start it along but turning the drum but not anymore. Are there any substitute motors for this or do I need to call Omega for a replacement.

Thanks in advance.

Brian C. Miller
17-May-2007, 08:10
I just had a chat with a fellow at Omega. My 21xxx-serial CPP2 doesn't work well with the expert drums, as it gets sluggish. (I've only used it twice with the expert drums) I was told that if I continued to use the expert drums then it would fail, and a parts upgrade would be $1200.

George Kara
17-May-2007, 08:12
Hi Brian thanks for the response. Evidently I have a newer product with s/n 22xxx. Cost for the part $ 400+ dollars part only.

Does anyone know of a cheaper or alternate source for a motor?

Nick_3536
17-May-2007, 08:40
You could take the motor to a local surplus shop and see if they have anything similar. What are the odds Jobo had custom motors made?

Robert A. Zeichner
17-May-2007, 17:12
I was told that the motor is actually a Mercedes Benz wiper motor. How cheap could that be?

Robert A. Zeichner
17-May-2007, 17:18
The problem is following:

I am using 3000 series Expert Drums. It has been working well for the past 4 years. But, last night, I experienced the rotaion speed of the drum being sluggish ow seem to struggle with 3010 drum at speed 3-4 with 10,000 ml Tmax Re developer.

Do you really fill with 10,000 ml? That's 10 liters of developer. I don't know that much would fit into a 3010, but if it did, you would need a 1/2 HP blower motor from a furnace to move that drum. I think you might need only about 16 oz or around 600 ml. Maybe you are overloading the system? Just a guess.

George Kara
17-May-2007, 17:56
Please note that I replied to a much earlier thread about problems through doing a search. Im sure the original poster made a typo on the amount.

Jim Noel
18-May-2007, 09:10
I believe you are severely overloading the drum.
An alternative to a new motor is to take the old one out and to an electrical motor repair shop where they can rewind it for you. When I did this the rewound was better than the original.