PDA

View Full Version : Arca Boards on Sinar Cameras?

neil poulsen
27-Dec-2019, 04:46
Probably not . . .

But, is there any chance that (with or without modification) an Arca 141mm lens board would fit in a Sinar standard? They are so close to the same size.

Has anyone run across an reduction adapter to use Arca 110mm lens boards on a Sinar camera?

Greg
27-Dec-2019, 05:01
on eBay search for
"arca lensboard adapter sinar"

Tin Can
27-Dec-2019, 05:45
Wow Greg, those are nice!

I was going to suggest a wood version made years ago by a fellow in Michigan. He made me a Deardorff to Sinar that has worked for me even with very heavy lenses. Very inexpensive at that time.

International shipping is going up next year.

Eric Leppanen
27-Dec-2019, 19:35
When I bought my 141mm Arca F-Line Classic I tried attaching my Sinar boards to it, and they would not fit (despite appearing to be virtually identical in size). I assume the reverse is true...

EdC
27-Dec-2019, 20:13
I would agree with Greg's advice. With the exception of a monster 355mm Symmar, all of my lenses are mounted on Technika boards in order to use them with an Arca-Swiss, Zone VI, etc. Works very well, and makes for one less thing to concern myself with.

FWIW,

Ed

asf
28-Dec-2019, 20:08
Arca made an Arca 110 to Sinar board, pretty rare, I bought the 2 I found, still have 1, works perfectly

dodphotography
29-Dec-2019, 20:37
I have a Sinar to 110 adapter for Canham, unsure if that would work for AS though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk