PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft's Newest Web Site: Pro Photo with XP

darr
30-Nov-2005, 09:55
For anyone interested, Microsoft has now built a part of their site offering links and information for XP users and pro photography. Topics include Photoshop CS2 Tips, Applets, Windows Color Management and more.

tinyurl.com/858jc (http://tinyurl.com/858jc)

darr
30-Nov-2005, 10:31
Dan: If you are a PS user it may interest you as there are tips from PS contibutors like Scott Kelby, (editor of Photoshop User) and others. Just passing info through the Digital section. Not meant to inflame anyone, just inform.

Michael Graves
30-Nov-2005, 13:04
***Why in hell would I think tips from Microsoft would help with professional photography. ***

Maybe they've come up with a way of rebooting your 8x10 in case you corrupt the exposure.

Ralph Barker
30-Nov-2005, 14:51
Darr - thanks for the link and your effort in sharing it. While many of the responses may fall in line with the old addage of "let no good deed go unpunished", I'm confident you can see the irony in Microsoft's creation of the site.

darr
30-Nov-2005, 15:26
Ralph: I was watching the newest pod cast from Photoshop TV (NAPP) when they advertised the MS link. I thought maybe someone else might find a link or two helpful. I found the Epson inks longevity info of interest, specifically the link pertaining to the Torrey Pines Research Test of Epson Ink Cartridges vs. Non-Epson Ink Cartridges. I have had recent questions regarding the OEM vs. third-party ink cartridges for my R2400 and this article covered some of it. Now if I could only feel confident that the study was in no way funded by Epson or its affiliates I would feel even better. .. Irony, what irony?

Ken Lee
30-Nov-2005, 17:00
Nobody is all bad... not even Microsoft.