PDA

View Full Version : Schneider SA 47xl on Ebony 45su

John Brady
30-Nov-2005, 07:38
Hello, I have been using a 72xl mounted on a flat board with my Ebony 45su. I have had no problem with movements and focusing using the standard bellows (not the bag).
I want to go super wide so I purchased the 47xl and have it mounted on a recessed board. This is my first experience with a recessed board and it looks like it will be a real pain.
My question, is anyone using this lens on a flat board with the standard bellows?
Can you get any front rise and fall with this set up? I know it just covers 4x5 film but curious anyway. Any other advice will be apreciated.
By the way I shoot landscape in black & white with some occasional velvia. I do not plan to use the center filter.
Thanks for your help,
jb

paul owen
30-Nov-2005, 12:19
Hi John. I used the 47XL on a recessed panel on my 45SU - found it a real pain and so used it on a flat panel instead! There is very little room for movement with this lens anyway due to its wide angle of view so I never found a need for movements - just like a big "point and shoot" really!

Leigh Perry
30-Nov-2005, 18:51
Paul, I assume you used the WA fresnel -- what was the groundglass viewing experience like with that lens? Did you use darkcloth or some type of bino viewer?

Thanks.