PDA

View Full Version : Cambo SC Standard Bellows

Gary Smith
29-Nov-2005, 17:59
Hi,

Recently I was lucky enough to get a very good deal on a mint condition Cambo SC monorail. It came with short and standard rails, Cambo to Lindhof Adapter board, extra rear standard, boss screen and bag bellows for less than $100 USD. The bag bellows look they they have never been used. The problem is it did not come with a set of standard bellows, which is limiting its use with any lens longer than 150mm. I checked with Calumet, as well as the Cambo Rep. in Japan, about a new set and considering what I paid for the camera, thought they were a little expensive. I have been looking for a set of used bellows for it for a couple of weeks now, with no luck. (including Ebay).

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that had a set of standard bellows availible, new or used? Any leads or information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much.

Gary

Alan Davenport
29-Nov-2005, 18:21
Watch ebay for any newer Cambo or Calumet monorail at a good price. They all use the same parts.

Dave Moeller
29-Nov-2005, 18:47
I had this very issue with my Cambo SC...bag bellows but no regular bellows. I picked up the regular bellows on eBay for under $50 (about 18 months ago, if memory serves). They do show up with some regularity.

Marko
2-Dec-2005, 11:36
Gary,

This might be what you are looking for:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Calumet-CAMBO-SC-Ser-4X5-View-camera-Standard-Bellows_W0QQitemZ7568731259QQcategoryZ15247QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This being my first post to this forum, I might also briefly introdue myself - I came back to photography last year, after a 25-year, this time with digital. Bought my first LF ever two months ago and am still assembling the system. So far I've got a Calumet 540 and Symmar-S 210, both in very good condition for an excellent price, on a Bogen 3246/3047 combo.

Aside from a few experimental and calibration shots, I still have to start shooting with it, because I am still looking for a case to lug it around. As this is just a hobby for me and I'm trying to be patient, looking for good deals. Meanwhile, I've been reading this board and I am enjoying it immensly.

Regards to all,

Marko

Marko
2-Dec-2005, 11:57
That was supposed to read: "after a 25-year hiatus".

Haste makes waste...

Gary Smith
2-Dec-2005, 15:11
Hi,

I would like to thank all of you for your information. I found the bellows on Ebay yesterday, and actually I am currently high bidder. But appreciate you posting the info anyway.

Again, thank you very much.

Gary
Japan