PDA

View Full Version : Small Cable For Linhof Recessed Lens Board?

LFLarry
3-Dec-2019, 16:06
I have a couple of the Linhof Copal 0 recessed lensboards and one of them has a nifty little flexible connector cable between the cable release connector and the lens. This is so much better than the small piece of wire that you see on other lensboards.

Does anyone have an idea of where to source some of these small flexible connectors for these recessed lensboards?

Thanks

Larry

Bob Salomon
3-Dec-2019, 16:17
They are part of Linhof qr boards. You would have to ask them. But they won’t work with the qr boards that use the wire connection.

LFLarry
3-Dec-2019, 16:22
Good info Bob. Thank you.

They are part of Linhof qr boards. You would have to ask them. But they won’t work with the qr boards that use the wire connection.

Bob Salomon
3-Dec-2019, 17:18

If you look closely you will see differences in the qr block on the board.

JMO
3-Dec-2019, 21:17
Try B&H using this link (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/233735-REG/Gepe_603007_Cable_Release_Extension_f.html)

I have a couple of the Linhof Copal 0 recessed lensboards and one of them has a nifty little flexible connector cable between the cable release connector and the lens. This is so much better than the small piece of wire that you see on other lensboards.

Does anyone have an idea of where to source some of these small flexible connectors for these recessed lensboards?

Thanks

Larry

Bob Salomon
3-Dec-2019, 21:44
Try B&H using this link (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/233735-REG/Gepe_603007_Cable_Release_Extension_f.html)

Bad answer, a service center will be cheaper and probably have it in stock. Camera and video stores are not the best place for repair parts. But they are great for accessories!

LFLarry
4-Dec-2019, 05:02
Thanks for the info. I hadn't even thought about that. I will also check with a Linhof service center as Bob mentioned to compare the prices and availability.

Thanks

LFLarry
4-Dec-2019, 05:03
Thanks Bob. I will check with Precision Camera in Chicago and compare the pricing and availability and loop back here.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't even thought about that. I will also check with a Linhof service center as Bob mentioned to compare the prices and a
availability.

Thanks

Jim Andrada
8-Dec-2019, 15:47
I had a couple of those small extensions around, for some reason that I forget, so I used one in the recessed board, but they're impractically pricey. They do work OK, though

Bob Salomon
8-Dec-2019, 17:11
I had a couple of those small extensions around, for some reason that I forget, so I used one in the recessed board, but they're impractically pricey. They do work OK, though

He’s talking about the current small cable that is part of current Linhof boards with the current qr socket.
I believe you might be talking about something like the Gepe WA Cable Release, a totally different thing.

Or am I wrong?

Greg
8-Dec-2019, 17:29

Thanks

Larry

Could you post an image of what you are talking about. Some of us, me for one, have acquired lenses on Linhof recessed lens boards, but remounted the lenses onto Chamonix or Sinar (both in my case) lensboards, and we ended up having some extra Linhof? parts that we have no use for but would be nice to pass along to another FORUM member that could use them.
thanks

Bob Salomon
8-Dec-2019, 17:34
Could you post an image of what you are talking about. Some of us, me for one, have acquired lenses on Linhof recessed lens boards, but remounted the lenses onto Chamonix or Sinar (both in my case) lensboards, and we ended up having some extra Linhof? parts that we have no use for but would be nice to pass along to another FORUM member that could use them.
thanks

linhof comfort board

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/31360-REG/Linhof_001015_Recessed_Lensboard_with_Quicksocket.html

Note that the socket on the board is not the same as the older ones that used the wire.

Gepe WA Cable Release Extension is longer and won’t fit into the sockets that used the wire.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/233735-REG/Gepe_603007_Cable_Release_Extension_f.html

Greg
8-Dec-2019, 18:23
Thanks Bob for posting that B&H URL. Jim posted the term "impractically pricey", and I certainly agree with his opinion. $627.50 for a "Linhof Recessed Lensboard for Copal #0 Shutters" is certainly beyond my being able to justify its acquisition. I'm quite confident that it is a precisely machined item, but that $627.50 price is more than what I paid for my mint 65mm and 90mm Nikkors!

Around the year 2010, I had the length of a way too long quality metal braided shutter release cord very much shortened by a local jeweler. As I recall the "operation" was quite easy for him to do. Cost me, I think, under $20 dollars back then. Served me well for years till I sold it with a WA lens that I used it with. I'm quite sure that I could have done that same alteration/adaptation with a little bit of J B WELD... wouldn't be as cosmetically clean though but it would have been useable.

LFLarry
8-Dec-2019, 18:30
Greg, all of this actually brings up another question from my perspective.

In regards to the Linhof board that uses the quick release, I am wondering if Bob or anyone else here can confirm a cable release that is known to work with this QR socket?

I have actually tried several different cables that I have on hand and none of them seem to work properly. Meaning they don't fit in the socket correctly or they fall out upon release of the shutter.

Thanks Bob for posting that B&H URL. Jim posted the term "impractically pricey", and I certainly agree with his opinion. $627.50 for a "Linhof Recessed Lensboard for Copal #0 Shutters" is certainly beyond my being able to justify its acquisition. I'm quite confident that it is a precisely machined item, but that $627.50 price is more than what I paid for my mint 65mm and 90mm Nikkors!

Around the year 2010, I had the length of a way too long quality metal braided shutter release cord very much shortened by a local jeweler. As I recall the "operation" was quite easy for him to do. Cost me, I think, under $20 dollars back then. Served me well for years till I sold it with a WA lens that I used it with. I'm quite sure that I could have done that same alteration/adaptation with a little bit of J B WELD... wouldn't be as cosmetically clean though but it would have been useable.

Bob Salomon
8-Dec-2019, 18:41
Greg, all of this actually brings up another question from my perspective.

In regards to the Linhof board that uses the quick release, I am wondering if Bob or anyone else here can confirm a cable release that is known to work with this QR socket?

I have actually tried several different cables that I have on hand and none of them seem to work properly. Meaning they don't fit in the socket correctly or they fall out upon release of the shutter.

You either need the Linhof cable release without threads or the Linhof cable release nipple with a Linhof cable release. The lock is designed for the grove between the nipple and the end of the release.

A Gepe cable release might also work with the nipple.

LFLarry
8-Dec-2019, 18:44
Thanks Bob! You are the man.

You either need the Linhof cable release without threads or the Linhof cable release nipple with a Linhof cable release. The lock is designed for the grove between the nipple and the end of the release.

A Gepe cable release might also work with the nipple.

Jim Andrada
9-Dec-2019, 01:05
I have the Gepe cable release - I have a 75mm Rodenstock in a COpal 0and the nipple threads were shot so I JB welded a Gepe release onto the shutter and it's been working perfectly for a lot of years in a more or less generic recessed board that fits my Technika. And I made adapters for mmst of my larger cameras that take the Technika boards.

GG12
10-Dec-2019, 22:31
You can get the small threaded cable release noted earlier from Precision Camera Works (Bob) - in the process of relocating to Calif.