PDA

View Full Version : Tetenal single roll kits

Peter De Smidt
25-Nov-2019, 17:34
https://www.dpreview.com/news/8124307897/tetenal-to-offer-magic-box-single-roll-film-developing-kits-for-testing-the-waters

Oren Grad
25-Nov-2019, 17:41
Shades of Ilford's recently-introduced "Simplicity Starter Pack" for B&W. But given the cost, I'm not sure how much sense this would make for developing sheet film.

Peter De Smidt
25-Nov-2019, 17:50
Sure, but they say they're testing the waters. If they sell well, I expect bigger kits would be coming.

Tin Can
25-Nov-2019, 18:08
Might be good for traveler by airplane.

Go through the CT scan mit camera, fly, buy film, chems, process on location, fly home with processed film!

sure...

Corran
26-Nov-2019, 11:33
Back when I was just starting LF and color development, I bought a couple of boxes of that "press" kit Tetenal made, that I think made up one liter of chemicals. Then, because I was doing it with b&w chemicals, I would dilute the C-41 developer 1:1 with hot water after tempering it to roughly 100 F and use 2 oz. in a BTZS tube to develop one sheet. So 1 oz. of actual chemicals, one-shot development of course. Somehow this worked perfectly and I made many good negatives this way, despite the...creative methodology! I assume these chemicals would mix up to either 16 or 32 ounces (35mm or 120 size tank) so perhaps even 4x5 processing of a box of film on the road is possible ;).

Tin Can
26-Nov-2019, 11:58
Well, I may fly again. Just got my Real ID, because I let my passport lapse, only cost me $5 as a senior. No waiting line, and IL claims a fast visit. Took 30 minutes and the person was busy with me the whole time, typing, copying documents. Pictures. Scheesh!

A Passport is faster and easier to get, as I recall.

I'll get another passport soon.

I actually do like flying, I only brace during takeoff and landing.

But so crowded these days.

A record # of passengers this Sunday...