PDA

View Full Version : Sinar P1 standard bearer not tilting up

BertieWooster
24-Nov-2019, 17:52
I recently purchased a Sinar camera with a P1 front standard bearer. However, I've discovered that it won't tilt upwards. Downwards it works fine, but when you try to turn the knob to tilt it up than a few degrees away from straight, it just makes a clicking noise as if the gear is skipping.

Some of the knobs are a little stiff, I wondered if some gummed-up lubricant might just have made it a little too hard for the knob to move?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what, if anything, I might be able to to do fix it? I can't really afford to buy another.

BertieWooster
24-Nov-2019, 18:00
I've found that it will go up most of the way, if I apply significant physical force to the two parts as I turn the knob. But obviously that's not ideal!

Bob Salomon
24-Nov-2019, 18:02
P1?

BertieWooster
25-Nov-2019, 02:59
Sorry, I meant P1 as to differentiate P from P2.

BertieWooster
29-Nov-2019, 11:49
Just in case anybody has any input - I have worked around the above issue, but I have another problem.

The clamping lever for coarse vertical tilt (pictured) is seemingly stuck in the 'down' position. Worse, the camera is tilted down slightly, so I can't straighten it up. I can compensate using the tilt movements, but that defeats the object a bit.

Has anyone experienced this? Can anybody please suggest a course of action? All I can think is to just push it hard and hope it doesn't break, or try applying some kind of lubricant. But with it being plastic, I'm not sure. I suppose I could always try and open it, but I'm a bit concerned about that.

Bob Salomon
29-Nov-2019, 13:47
Just in case anybody has any input - I have worked around the above issue, but I have another problem.

The clamping lever for coarse vertical tilt (pictured) is seemingly stuck in the 'down' position. Worse, the camera is tilted down slightly, so I can't straighten it up. I can compensate using the tilt movements, but that defeats the object a bit.

Has anyone experienced this? Can anybody please suggest a course of action? All I can think is to just push it hard and hope it doesn't break, or try applying some kind of lubricant. But with it being plastic, I'm not sure. I suppose I could always try and open it, but I'm a bit concerned about that.

Perhaps it needs a professional CLA before worse things happen!