PDA

View Full Version : BTZS user question

Hedd-wyn
18-Nov-2019, 20:24
Hi, This question is for the users of the ExpoDev software. I have recently tried Btzs with conventional film and developers and so far I am really enjoying the results. Now, I have done the testing and created the film file for Hp4+ in Pyrocat-HD. I want to export the file to the ExpoDev program on my iphone. Because Phil Davis wasn't a proponent of using Btzs with pyro there aren't any reciprocity exposure figures available in the "Common Files" box in the program that I can use when exporting the file. I am wondering if any of the program users out there who are using Btzs and pyro have the info I need to fill out the "Exposure Class" and the "G Class" boxes specifically for Fp4+in Pyrocat-HD prior to exporting?

I checked out Phil's book on how to go about testing for reciprocity and I am afraid it is a tad beyond my present capabilities. Thanks for any help.

Doremus Scudder
19-Nov-2019, 11:19
Hedd-wyn,

I'm not a BTZS user, but I do use pyro developers. The developer itself shouldn't have a significant influence on the reciprocity failure characteristics of any film. Those are a property of the emulsion. If you have reciprocity data for a particular film obtained with another developer, they should be applicable to any other developer. Note that the manufacturers' reciprocity data isn't developer-dependent...

So, if you can, use the reciprocity data for your specific films from elsewhere; just plug them in to your current database. That should be just fine.

Best,

Doremus

j.e.simmons
19-Nov-2019, 14:06
I do use BTZS with Pyrocat and what adore us says works for me.

Hedd-wyn
19-Nov-2019, 17:57

Thanks to both of you. Makes perfectly good sense.

j.e.simmons
20-Nov-2019, 04:41
This iPad and auto correct. Of course I actually typed Doremus.

Doremus Scudder
20-Nov-2019, 11:22

This iPad and auto correct. Of course I actually typed Doremus.

Best auto-correct of my name ever! I get "adoremus" a lot too and, since I'm a musician, "do-re-mi" but this one tickled my funny bone.

Best,

Doremus (et al.)

j.e.simmons
20-Nov-2019, 17:06
Ha. What’s your axe? I’m a low brass player.

Bill Burk
20-Nov-2019, 22:47
I've got some brass players in my household but the only musical instrument I can play is the record player.

The other day I watched a YouTube video of a friend of mine who's an excellent guitarist...

And I wished for a moment that I could play something.

Then I realized. Oh yeah. I'm pretty good with a camera.

Doremus Scudder
21-Nov-2019, 11:45
Ha. What’s your axe? I’m a low brass player.

I'm my own axe :) I'm a singer; bass-baritone; classical, lieder, opera, operetta, jazz. I've taught mostly for the last 10 years after singing professionally for 20+

I have an undergrad degree in piano, but I'm no great shakes on keyboards; just enough to accompany my students and learn my roles.

I played brass instruments through undergrad school though. Trumpet first, then horn, then tuba and then back to horn for a number of years. I played in a regional orchestra for nine years plus bands and chamber ensembles. When the singing career took off, I gave up the horn.

Ive been photographing seriously alongside all of this for 35 years...

Best,

Doremus