PDA

View Full Version : Schneider-Kreuznach misprint

dontscoffitslinhof
6-Nov-2019, 13:22
Hi,

I've come across Schneider-Kreuznach Tele-Arton 180mm lens that appears to have a misprint. It has an 'r' instead of 'n' in Schneider (see photo). I've looked very closely at this, through a microscope, and determined that the 'n' wasn't etched off or anything, it looks very much like a genuine misprint. I can't find any information online about it's origin or pricing.

Does anyone know anything about this??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Sampson
6-Nov-2019, 17:34
Human beings make mistakes... and sometimes they get past the QC office.
You should photograph some storefronts and see if the lens mis-spells any of the signs...
Oh, and welcome to the forum!

domaz
7-Nov-2019, 09:05
Very interesting. Unfortunately I don't think old lenses are like coins, the misprinted coin might be worth much more money, the misprinted lens probably not so much.

Michael Graves
7-Nov-2019, 11:58
Does that mean my Simon and Garfunkel record with the Ramsey Lewis back cover will make good images?

Bob Salomon
7-Nov-2019, 12:29
Very interesting. Unfortunately I don't think old lenses are like coins, the misprinted coin might be worth much more money, the misprinted lens probably not so much.

I once went to work for a Hope Processor distributor in NJ called Simplex Speciality. They bought me a New Plymouth as a company car. But frequently after calling on a customer I would walk right past where it was parked. Then one day, walking back to the car I passed I realized why. The front of the car said Dodge. The back said Plymouth.
So, I thought I had something that would be worth more then either. So I called Chrysler in Detroit and told them that I thought that I had a rare car. The customer service guy asked why, I told him and he said “Oh, you got one also?”

dontscoffitslinhof
11-Nov-2019, 14:46
Ahh, so you guys are saying I'm not going to be a millionaire???

Dan Fromm
11-Nov-2019, 17:10

Penniless is more like it.

Jody_S
11-Nov-2019, 17:56

Depends. Were you a millionaire before finding this lens?

Renato Tonelli
15-Nov-2019, 14:35
This lens was made in Soviet Block era East Germany by a competitor.

...not true :)