PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts About Linhof 4x5 Technikardan 45s ?

LFLarry
18-Oct-2019, 15:16
I have an opportunity to pick up a Linhof 4x5 Technikardan 45s for a very reasonable price and I have never seen this camera in person.

I was wondering if anyone here has any expereience with this camera and can share your thoughts?

I am looking for an all purpose 4x5 that I can use in the studio and also in the field for landscapes, etc.

In theory, this seems like a nice option, but would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Bob Salomon
18-Oct-2019, 15:31
Ask me. It is an ideal camera to use inside and outside.folds to about the size of a book. Opens into a 20” monorail. Full movements, on axis, front and back. Accepts the very widest lenses with the optional bag bellows, once you learn how it opens and closes in under 10 seconds. Geared focusing.

Ari
18-Oct-2019, 16:05
Bob makes it sound like a wonderful can-do-anything camera, and he's right.
It's a unique, precise and versatile camera to use, with very few drawbacks.

LFLarry
18-Oct-2019, 17:43
Thank you Bob! I am excited about this camera... Looks like I will be moving forward with it!

Ask me. It is an ideal camera to use inside and outside.folds to about the size of a book. Opens into a 20” monorail. Full movements, on axis, front and back. Accepts the very widest lenses with the optional bag bellows, once you learn how it opens and closes in under 10 seconds. Geared focusing.

LFLarry
18-Oct-2019, 17:43
Thanks for confirming Ari. Much appreciated.

Bob makes it sound like a wonderful can-do-anything camera, and he's right.
It's a unique, precise and versatile camera to use, with very few drawbacks.

Mark Sampson
18-Oct-2019, 18:24
I've been working in 4x5 since 1982, and have owned several cameras and worked with quite a few more. Wooden field cameras both Japanese and American, Calumets, Sinars, Graflexes, Technikas, and some long forgotten. I have only tried out the TK45 at a trade show or two.
But if I could justify buying a new camera, the Technikardan 45S would be the one.

LFLarry
18-Oct-2019, 18:59
Wow... that is huge endorsement Mark. Thanks for confirming...

I've been working in 4x5 since 1982, and have owned several cameras and worked with quite a few more. Wooden field cameras both Japanese and American, Calumets, Sinars, Graflexes, Technikas, and some long forgotten. I have only tried out the TK45 at a trade show or two.
But if I could justify buying a new camera, the Technikardan 45S would be the one.

mpirie
19-Oct-2019, 02:55
I use a Technikardan 45 (not the S) and the biggest difference is the lack of centre indents on the 45.

As has been mentioned, it's a VERY versatile camera. It's not the lightest, but not the heaviest either.

Once you get used to the setup and fold-down, then it becomes second nature.

If you need a camera with a lot of movements that is portable, then you can't go wrong with the TK45S.

Mike

Pere Casals
19-Oct-2019, 03:53
your thoughts?

https://www.largeformatphotography.info/linhof/tk.html

Top notch, best of the best: top quality, refined, precise, convenient and durable.

> Weight 6.5Lb is low for being a full featured rail camera.

> it's not a lightweight camera for mountain hikes, you have the number: 6.5Lb

> In the studio it's not an expandable system camera, you have 20" extension (IIRC) that's quite good for 4x5, fully extended it would not be as rigid as a monorail.

Well, it's not a pure field camera nor an expandable system, but one of the best cameras you can buy.

rfesk
19-Oct-2019, 04:22
I have never even seen one but from what I have read over the years - be very careful when folding the camera. Go slow and LEARN how to fold it to avoid damage. It is a top of the line camera.

Bob Salomon
19-Oct-2019, 06:58
I have never even seen one but from what I have read over the years - be very careful when folding the camera. Go slow and LEARN how to fold it to avoid damage. It is a top of the line camera.

It is very easy to open and fold. Lock the red levers and unlock the green ones and turn the focusing knob in the indicated direction on the face of the knob. All controls should be set at 0 to open or close it.

Bob Salomon
19-Oct-2019, 06:59
https://www.largeformatphotography.info/linhof/tk.html

Top notch, best of the best: top quality, refined, precise, convenient and durable.

> Weight 6.5Lb is low for being a full featured rail camera.

> it's not a lightweight camera for mountain hikes, you have the number: 6.5Lb

> In the studio it's not an expandable system camera, you have 20" extension (IIRC) that's quite good for 4x5, fully extended it would not be as rigid as a monorail.

Well, it's not a pure field camera nor an expandable system, but one of the best cameras you can buy.
Fully extended it is a monorail. Stop assuming about products that you haven’t used.

Arne Croell
19-Oct-2019, 07:44
I’ve used a TK45 since 1991, and a TK45s later which is still my main camera. It is very versatile and can handle pretty much anything between a 47mm WA and a 720mm telephoto while still being close to the size of a folder for transport. The WA bellows is needed for wide angle lenses. It’s a little heavier than a wooden folder. If you use it for hiking, the one thing to watch out for is abrasion of the exposed bellows corners (the regular bellows) in the folded position in whatever backpack or box you would be using for transport. That is the main downside compared to a Technika or a wooden folder, but careful packing can take care of it.

Bob Salomon
19-Oct-2019, 08:14
I’ve used a TK45 since 1991, and a TK45s later which is still my main camera. It is very versatile and can handle pretty much anything between a 47mm WA and a 720mm telephoto while still being close to the size of a folder for transport. The WA bellows is needed for wide angle lenses. It’s a little heavier than a wooden folder. If you use it for hiking, the one thing to watch out for is abrasion of the exposed bellows corners (the regular bellows) in the folded position in whatever backpack or box you would be using for transport. That is the main downside compared to a Technika or a wooden folder, but careful packing can take care of it.

We used a large Novoflex lens wrap to protect it in transit.

linhofbiker
19-Oct-2019, 08:36
I had the 6x9 version a few years back and it was a joy to use and to look at. However it was not the best for shooting 6x9 with its small ground glass, the TK45 would be better if you want to shoot 6x9 using the Super Rollex backs. I still have a few Super Rollex's in 6x9 and 6x7 but rarely use them since I am concentrating on 5x7 and larger. If you do want to shoot 6x9 stay away from the brown Super Rollex's and stick to the later black ones.

Pere Casals
19-Oct-2019, 08:39
Fully extended it is a monorail. Stop assuming about products that you haven’t used.

Bob, I've used one two weeks ago, not mine, borrowed.

It is true that there is an accessory bar that fits under the camera, and then it becomes well rigid, but the telescoping rail alone is not perfectly rigid at full extension, still in most situations it can be rigid enough without that accessory bar.

mpirie
19-Oct-2019, 09:05
....the one thing to watch out for is abrasion of the exposed bellows corners (the regular bellows) in the folded position in whatever backpack or box you would be using for transport.
One option to avoid bellows damage is to actually remove the bellows before packing it away.

It's only 4 small locking levers, 2 each on the top of the front and rear standards.

Mike

Arne Croell
19-Oct-2019, 09:13
One option to avoid bellows damage is to actually remove the bellows before packing it away.

It's only 4 small locking levers, 2 each on the top of the front and rear standards.

Mike
True. Alternatively, have the WA bellows on the camera, which is made from cloth. That is what I have been doing a lot.

Oren Grad
19-Oct-2019, 09:23
True. Alternatively, have the WA bellows on the camera, which is made from cloth. That is what I have been doing a lot.

Arne, off the top of your head do you recall what the maximum extension is for the WA bellows? Neither the instruction manual nor the promotional brochure for the Technikardans has that specification.

Bob Salomon
19-Oct-2019, 09:29
Bob, I've used one two weeks ago, not mine, borrowed.

It is true that there is an accessory bar that fits under the camera, and then it becomes well rigid, but the telescoping rail alone is not perfectly rigid at full extension, still in most situations it can be rigid enough without that accessory bar.

The S version? The front. And rear standards are different and stiffer then the original TK.

Bob Salomon
19-Oct-2019, 09:30

Mike
Not necessary and time consuming if you know how to open and close the camera. After all, the bellows is already installed on the camera when you buy it.

Arne Croell
19-Oct-2019, 09:51
Arne, off the top of your head do you recall what the maximum extension is for the WA bellows? Neither the instruction manual nor the promotional brochure for the Technikardans has that specification.
From memory, the 150mm stretches it out, even though it is still physically possible at infinity. 120mm is no problem, and I assume
135mm would work, unless you wanT to do closeups. But I’d have to check to be sure.

Oren Grad
19-Oct-2019, 10:32
Thanks, Arne. Sounds like a user who does general scenic work exclusively with lenses in the wide to semi-wide range could get by with just the WA bellows. Good to know!

Pere Casals
19-Oct-2019, 10:36
The S version? The front. And rear standards are different and stiffer then the original TK.

Bob, yes, the S.

I'm not speaking about the standards, but about the telescoping rails.

Understand me, these are the perfection in telescoping rails, sporting top convenience, but you may agree that at top 500mm extension the telecoping rails are not as stiff as (say) a SINAR tube, no problem because there are not many 4x5" shots at 500mm and still those telescoping rails are pretty useable at top extension.

For studio the accessory bar delivers a totally stiff rail, for the field that would be less convenient, I guess.

Let me reiterate that it's the most refined camera I ever had in my hands. I'll never replace my Norma because it's exactly what I love, but let me say that the TK S impressed me.

mpirie
19-Oct-2019, 10:38
Not necessary and time consuming if you know how to open and close the camera. After all, the bellows is already installed on the camera when you buy it.
Arne's point was to be careful with the camera folded since the bellows corners are exposed to damage from placing and removing from the backpack.

Removing the bellows removes this risk.

BTW, i was under the impression that only the red levers were unlocked for storage and locked when in use? The greens can be left locked (assuming they're centred)?

Mike

Bob Salomon
19-Oct-2019, 11:44
Arne's point was to be careful with the camera folded since the bellows corners are exposed to damage from placing and removing from the backpack.

Removing the bellows removes this risk.

BTW, i was under the impression that only the red levers were unlocked for storage and locked when in use? The greens can be left locked (assuming they're centred)?

Mike

That is why we used the wrap. In fact, when the TK was originally introduced, we showed it to Ken Hansen and they mentioned the same thing. We went to Jim Domke to make a larger Lens Wrap that could be sold as the Linhof Large Lens Wrap. That solved any chance of the corners chafing.

After a few years Jim asked us if we would have any objection to his adding it to his product line. We didn’t and he did.

When Novoflex introduced their neoprene, stretchable wrap we switched to their large size as it added even more protection.

Red levers lock the shift, swing and focus locks. Red lock rise and tilt. To open or close the camera all movements are set to 0 and all red locks are locked and all green ones are unlocked.

mpirie
19-Oct-2019, 11:49
Red levers lock the shift, swing and focus locks. Red lock rise and tilt. To open or close the camera all movements are set to 0 and all red locks are locked and all green ones are unlocked.
I must have a variant then, because my red levers lock/unlock shift, focus and swing.

Green levers lock/unlock rise and tilt.

Anyway OP, you can't go wrong with a TK45 :cool:

Mike

Bob Salomon
19-Oct-2019, 12:45
I must have a variant then, because my red levers lock/unlock shift, focus and swing.

Green levers lock/unlock rise and tilt.

Anyway OP, you can't go wrong with a TK45 :cool:

Mike

Not a variant, I mixed them up. I usually do without a TK in front of me!

Arne Croell
19-Oct-2019, 13:46
Thanks, Arne. Sounds like a user who does general scenic work exclusively with lenses in the wide to semi-wide range could get by with just the WA bellows. Good to know!
Oren, fully stretched out as shown the distance between the film plane and the front of the front standard is about 195mm, about 205 mm to the center of the shutter. Not that one should do that, since the bellows no longer acts as much of a stray light baffle. 150mm at infinity is actually just fine.

Oren Grad
19-Oct-2019, 14:01
Oren, fully stretched out as shown the distance between the film plane and the front of the front standard is about 195mm, about 205 mm to the center of the shutter. Not that one should do that, since the bellows no longer acts as much of a stray light baffle. 150mm at infinity is actually just fine.

Sounds like it was tailor-made for me, then! Something to think about... Thanks for going to the trouble to check this, very helpful!

LFLarry
19-Oct-2019, 16:15
I read the review on the TK posted at https://www.largeformatphotography.info/linhof/tk.html and it seems the biggest challenge with this camera is bellows issues when folding it. I am wondering if it just makes sense to removew the bellows after each use? Anyone have any insight on this approach?

Bob Salomon
19-Oct-2019, 16:20
I read the review on the TK posted at https://www.largeformatphotography.info/linhof/tk.html and it seems the biggest challenge with this camera is bellows issues when folding it. I am wondering if it just makes sense to removew the bellows after each use? Anyone have any insight on this approach?

No, it makes sense to follow the instructions, simple ones, and open and close it properly.

The vast majority of users that had a bellows problem either didn’t have all movements at 0 or/and didn’t unlock the proper locks. That is why there are red and green locks.

Proper open and closing does not abuse the bellows.

LFLarry
19-Oct-2019, 17:17
Hi Arne, thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge. I am really happy that you found this thread.

Without the WA bag bellows, will the Schneider 72mm lens work?

I would love to know more about how you are getting a 720mm lens to work on the TKS? I have a Fujinon-C 450mm and the same 600mm, that I would love to be able to use. I assumed with the 20" standard rail and bellows the 450mm lens would be my max?

Bob Salomon
19-Oct-2019, 17:21
Hi Arne, thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge. I am really happy that you found this thread.

I would love to know more about how you are getting a 720mm lens to work on the TKS? I have a Fujinon-C 450mm and the same 600mm, that I would love to be able to use. I assumed with the 20" standard rail and bellows the 450mm lens would be my max?

Yes, it would work if you are not using any movements.

There was one photographer in Hawaii that bought one of the very first ones that used it as a handheld camera in the folded position and grafted a grip to it and used the 47mm with the standard bellows.

Arne Croell
19-Oct-2019, 17:26

Larry, you may be able to use the 72mm with regular bellows, not sure about it, but surely without rise or fall, since the bellows will be completely compressed. As for 720mm, the Nikkor T ED is a telephoto, so the bellows extension is less than the focal length.

Michael Kadillak
19-Oct-2019, 17:36

I had Camera Bellows make me a straight taper bellows and I take it off and put it on each time I use the camera since on the TK45S it takes all of 5 seconds max. When I fold the camera I cut a piece of soft foam that fits in the bellows void. The way I look at it if I make a mistake (which I have been known to do when I am concentrating on making an image) I do not want to have to purchase a $500 new bellows. I call it risk management. If the bellows were not four short flip levels on the top of the camera I would be singing a whole different tune, but fortunately they are.

LFLarry
19-Oct-2019, 17:42
Thanks Arne, I appreciate the info. I should probably order a set of the WA bellows, to have them on hand anyway.

Larry, you may be able to use the 72mm with regular bellows, not sure about it, but surely without rise or fall, since the bellows will be completely compressed. As for 720mm, the Nikkor T ED is a telephoto, so the bellows extension is less than the focal length.

LFLarry
19-Oct-2019, 19:03
That sounds like a pretty good idea to implement, no matter what. Thanks for sharing this.

I had Camera Bellows make me a straight taper bellows and I take it off and put it on each time I use the camera since on the TK45S it takes all of 5 seconds max. When I fold the camera I cut a piece of soft foam that fits in the bellows void. The way I look at it if I make a mistake (which I have been known to do when I am concentrating on making an image) I do not want to have to purchase a $500 new bellows. I call it risk management. If the bellows were not four short flip levels on the top of the camera I would be singing a whole different tune, but fortunately they are.

LFLarry
19-Oct-2019, 19:05
Thanks for confirming Bob. I am excited to get the camera in my hands this coming week and get started!

No, it makes sense to follow the instructions, simple ones, and open and close it properly.

The vast majority of users that had a bellows problem either didn’t have all movements at 0 or/and didn’t unlock the proper locks. That is why there are red and green locks.

Proper open and closing does not abuse the bellows.

Bob Salomon
19-Oct-2019, 19:31
That sounds like a pretty good idea to implement, no matter what. Thanks for sharing this.

The TK 45 has a double pleated bellows. When Linhof introduced it the Japanese distributor (Shiro) ordered them all with a
Standard type tapered bellows and did not offer it as a folding camera!

Michael Kadillak
19-Oct-2019, 19:36

I had Camera Bellows make my TK45 Straight Taper Bellows out of the Canham synthetic bellows material because it is very light weight and is a durable material. That being said I do have a bag bellows for wide angle lenses that I carry with me for photographs that could use some camera movements.

Robert Opheim
29-Oct-2019, 11:36
I bought a TK45 years ago as an all purpose field camera - with the ability and agility to photograph buildings. The camera has a lot of movements available. The bag bellows allows about any wide angle lens without a recessed board. I presently have lenses from 75mm to 450mm that I use on the TK. As stated previously - the bellows are expensive to replace - I just take the standard bellows off and put in a container - easy. The TK combines the flexibility and movements of a view camera and the rigidity of a field camera - and it is Linhof quality.

Peter De Smidt
29-Oct-2019, 13:28
If I were thinking about getting a TK, I'd also seriously consider an Arca F.

M.B.
29-Oct-2019, 13:50
If I were thinking about getting a TK, I'd also seriously consider an Arca F.

Why?

Peter De Smidt
29-Oct-2019, 14:20
They are less fiddly to use, and they can be expanded/reconfigured is myriad ways, with different standards, rails, bellows, formats.....They are just as stable and easy to pack. They use bigger boards, which allows bigger lenses, but one can still use an adapter board for smaller lenses to keep things compact. Plus, features like Orbix are available...

Bill McMannis
29-Oct-2019, 19:17
I used a TK45S for about twelve years. It was a wonderfully solid camera with excellent portability. I was able to travel lightly and get to places other 4x5 cameras would be too bulky.

I never had a problem folding the unit with the pleated bellows and it remained light-tight the years I owned it.

If I were to get back into 4x5 I would get another TK45S.

M.B.
1-Nov-2019, 14:48
They are less fiddly to use, and they can be expanded/reconfigured is myriad ways, with different standards, rails, bellows, formats.....They are just as stable and easy to pack. They use bigger boards, which allows bigger lenses, but one can still use an adapter board for smaller lenses to keep things compact. Plus, features like Orbix are available...

Thanks!
There a lot of points for the Arca...:)
I have the older TK 45 and it´s a wonderfull camera with a lot of movement´s. But sometime i think, she is a little bit to heavy...
My favorite subjekts are Architecture and Landscape, and therefor she is perfect.

LFLarry
1-Nov-2019, 16:13
Hi Bill, I received the camera a couple of weeks ago and I have been very impressed and happy with the camera. The build quality is evident the moment you lay your eyes on the camera and I find it incredibly easy and versatile to use. I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for commenting.

I used a TK45S for about twelve years. It was a wonderfully solid camera with excellent portability. I was able to travel lightly and get to places other 4x5 cameras would be too bulky.

I never had a problem folding the unit with the pleated bellows and it remained light-tight the years I owned it.

If I were to get back into 4x5 I would get another TK45S.

Bernice Loui
1-Nov-2019, 19:02
Tried out the TK45 and TK23 back when they were new at a Linhof dealer. The TK45 appeared flimsy to me once the rails were fully extended, movement locks worked sort of ok, the camera was pricy, limited adaptability and too small a front lens board as it uses Technika lens boards, no camera specific shutter. IMO, the TK23 is a better camera for the mechanical design Linhof did for the TK series. It was intended to be mixed hybrid of Technika & monorail. Based on the dealer trial, the Arca Swiss with folding rail or Sinar is a better camera in many ways.

That said, the TK45 could be the ideal camera for your needs. Only usage over time and many boxes of film later will tell if this camera works for your print making needs.

Bernice

Bob Salomon
1-Nov-2019, 21:07
The original TK utilized a 1 piece L arm bent into an L shape. This had several problems. If the bends were not exact the piece had to be thrown out. The rear and front L standards were the same width and that meant that the rear one was too springy with long extension and heavy lenses.
2 years later they brought out the improved TKs series. The L arms were changed to two straight pieces joined by a coupler piece and the rear standard was now double the width of the front L. 0 detects were added to the tilts and it became a more robust and precise camera.

Mark Sampson
1-Nov-2019, 21:37
No camera is perfect. Few of us will ever find a view camera that couldn't be improved somehow; I never have and don't expect to.
Were I to use a TK for a while, I'm sure I could find things about it that didn't work for me, or things that could be improved.
I'm also sure that I could enjoy making good photographs with it, just like I have with the many different view cameras I've used and owned over the decades.

But a telling point about the Technikardan is that it has remained in production for over thirty years, while many other designs have come and gone.
That speaks well of both the design (unique as it is) and the build quality.

Not unlike a Porsche 911; German, top quality, expensive, high performance, long track record, unusual design, not for everybody.

Bernice Loui
1-Nov-2019, 22:06
Hello Bob,

Thanks for sharing this. Could this be why the first version of TK at the Linhof dealer appeared not so rigid, not so precise which Linhof addressed as the design evolved-progressed?

How does one distinguish the early TK from later version of TK? Liked the overall concept an ergonomics, but the initial lack of rigidity at full extension was a serious concern. This was a LOT of years ago.

Bernice

The original TK utilized a 1 piece L arm bent into an L shape. This had several problems. If the bends were not exact the piece had to be thrown out. The rear and front L standards were the same width and that meant that the rear one was too springy with long extension and heavy lenses.
2 years later they brought out the improved TKs series. The L arms were changed to two straight pieces joined by a coupler piece and the rear standard was now double the width of the front L. 0 detects were added to the tilts and it became a more robust and precise camera.

Bob Salomon
2-Nov-2019, 06:36
Hello Bob,

Thanks for sharing this. Could this be why the first version of TK at the Linhof dealer appeared not so rigid, not so precise which Linhof addressed as the design evolved-progressed?

How does one distinguish the early TK from later version of TK? Liked the overall concept an ergonomics, but the initial lack of rigidity at full extension was a serious concern. This was a LOT of years ago.

Bernice
On the original TK the front and rear L standards are the same width and are made from one picece of metal. On the TKs they are not the same width and are made up of 2 straight pieces and a joiner block that mates them.
The S has tilt detents the older version does not.

JMO
2-Nov-2019, 11:19
All these positive comments and experiences with the Technikarden 45S are causing me to regret not actually using mine more often over the last 3-4 years for my landscape photography. I purchased the 45S mostly for photographing building or home interiors (often requiring wide-to-very wide angle lenses), and so I could begin to explore table-top still lifes. However, I have procrastinated on getting some lighting and backdrops to create a table-top set up in my basement. I usually take the 45S on my road trips to national parks and other landscapes, but normally reach for my back pack with a Master Technika IV Classic when I leave the car and hit the trail. I agree with most of the comments and experiences about ease of set-up, use and take down with the 45S, and I carry mine in a specially modified Underwater Kinetics TUNDRA Seaking 821 ballistic case that I purchased in mid-2017 from Kerry Thalmann through a FS on this Forum (though it and its accessories could as easily be carried in a back pack). In the TUNDRA case I carry both the normal and a bag bellows, each wrapped in a large or XL padded lens wrap, and separated from the folded camera (which is protected by foam padding elements).

Resolved for 2020, that I will get more use out of the 45S!

Bob Salomon
2-Nov-2019, 11:50
All these positive comments and experiences with the Technikarden 45S are causing me to regret not actually using mine more often over the last 3-4 years for my landscape photography. I purchased the 45S mostly for photographing building or home interiors (often requiring wide-to-very wide angle lenses), and so I could begin to explore table-top still lifes. However, I have procrastinated on getting some lighting and backdrops to create a table-top set up in my basement. I usually take the 45S on my road trips to national parks and other landscapes, but normally reach for my back pack with a Master Technika IV Classic when I leave the car and hit the trail. I agree with most of the comments and experiences about ease of set-up, use and take down with the 45S, and I carry mine in a specially modified Underwater Kinetics TUNDRA Seaking 821 ballistic case that I purchased in mid-2017 from Kerry Thalmann through a FS on this Forum (though it and its accessories could as easily be carried in a back pack). In the TUNDRA case I carry both the normal and a bag bellows, each wrapped in a large or XL padded lens wrap, and separated from the folded camera (which is protected by foam padding elements).

Resolved for 2020, that I will get more use out of the 45S!

Sure hope you use it and enjoy it more often!

However, there was a Technika IV, no rangefinder, a Super Technika IV, with rangefinder, both were superseded by the Super Technika V which was replaced by the Master Technika. The current model is the Master Technika Classic to separate it from the Master Technika 3000 which has no rangefinder but instead adds a built-in extreme wide angle focusing system within the body. The earlier Master a Technika 2000 also had the built-in WA focusing system instead of the rangefinder.

If your Technika does a front rise with a knob behind the front standard you have the IV. The V and all Masters do it with a lever mechanism. If your camera has a lift up flap on the top housing you have a MT.