PDA

View Full Version : Friedo Wiesenhavern, Hamburg, F8 Effwee Aplanat Extra Rapid Lens?

LFLarry
5-Oct-2019, 13:34
Hi, I have a vintage brass lens and seeking to learn more about the optical design and the date of the lens.

I mounted it on a temp card to go run a couple sheets through it this weekend.

The lens engraving is as follows:

"Friedo Wiesenhavern, Hamburg, F8 Effwee Aplanat Extra Rapid " - see attached photo.

A google search doesn't really help much, so I was hoping someone here knows more about this lens?

Thanks!

blue4130
5-Oct-2019, 16:22
I have the exact lens as well. I picked mine up a couple years back. It's a rapid aplanat/rectilinear design. 4 elements in two groups. About 220mm f8. Wiesenhavern in a photo shop in Germany that actually still exists. I contacted them and they had limited information, but where able to date the lens to around 1900-1910. A little on the slow side, but works well enough.

LFLarry
7-Oct-2019, 16:20
Thanks for the info Vance. Got any photos using this lens?

I have the exact lens as well. I picked mine up a couple years back. It's a rapid aplanat/rectilinear design. 4 elements in two groups. About 220mm f8. Wiesenhavern in a photo shop in Germany that actually still exists. I contacted them and they had limited information, but where able to date the lens to around 1900-1910. A little on the slow side, but works well enough.

blue4130
8-Oct-2019, 02:24

This is the only one I have handy. I've used it for a few portraits, all told, its nothing spectacular. It is a tad soft, but that works well enough for portraits, just slow.