PDA

View Full Version : Thousands of slides tossed in the garbage a decade ago capture—

Tin Can
15-Sep-2019, 06:22
Not sure if Tiny Format is a legit topic in this thread

Cindy Crawford, Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan: An ’80s Fashion Mystery
(https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/12/nyregion/1980s-fashion-10-times-square.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share)

ic-racer
15-Sep-2019, 07:58
Thirty years from now someone will find an old USB stick drive too....Much of the imagery currently on the internet will be gone in thirty years; there is no paper record, magazines and newsletters are gone. Also, just look at anyone's Photobucket account...

paulbarden
15-Sep-2019, 08:54
Thirty years from now someone will find an old USB stick drive too....Much of the imagery currently on the internet will be gone in thirty years; there is no paper record, magazines and newsletters are gone. Also, just look at anyone's Photobucket account...

Thirty years from now, its unlikely that any USB drive will be readable.

germansaram
15-Sep-2019, 09:54
Thirty years from now, its unlikely that any USB drive will be readable.

Good one, haha!
Thank you for sharing the article though. :)

pendennis
15-Sep-2019, 11:17
You'll be hard pressed to read any electronic data, even from 60 years ago. Most was card/tape/disk-oriented, and the readers are long since gone. The company from which I retired has corporate records dating back 75 years. However, only the printed matter would be easily retrievable.

However, you can still read documents written on paper and ink from the middle-ages time frame.

Analogue is alive and well. That's why I still write with a fountain pen, on 20lb bond paper.

Tin Can
15-Sep-2019, 11:31
We are reading far older documents as they are found.

Some claim very old documents.

I doubt this is our first go around...

Have you read about the new/ancient forms of life that exist far below us in rocks...

GoldMark
15-Sep-2019, 13:31
That's time ...