PDA

View Full Version : Identify shutter cable release end

bolderj
13-Sep-2019, 07:49

Can anyone identify this unique shutter cable release end?
A normal end in the photo for comparison.
Thanks

Louis Pacilla
13-Sep-2019, 08:05
Many older shutters had this squared off female/male release threads like the Wollensak/Ilex shutters including Studio shutters. That would be my best guess and have MANY older style shutters that have this female/male squared off threads. In my experience the cone shaped tip will fit the older shutters and obviously newer shutters but the squared off tip will not fit modern shutters like Copla/Compur

Jim Jones
13-Sep-2019, 16:34
Long ago many American cable releases had a short section of straight 5-44 threads. Your mystery release has longer and apparently slightly larger threads.

Duolab123
13-Sep-2019, 19:26
Doesn’t look like threads to me.

Moogie
10-Jan-2020, 09:36
Hi everyone,

I found this older post and it looks this kind of cable release could be maybe a solution for my ilex no. 4.
All my cable releases with a normal thread at the end seem to be too small and get no hold in the shutter.
Also seems the cable itself too small and if I simply hold the release the cable gets stuck inside as it slides next to the pin inside.

Do you think this kind of cable release above could be my solution?
If yes, how do I search for such kind of cable release?

Thanks a lot, Miguel

Moogie
10-Jan-2020, 10:07
I couldn't wait and found and bought these:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Rare-Wollensak-12in-Straight-Thread-Unusual-Camera-Cable-Shutter-Release/123721193500?hash=item1cce5b981c:g:J88AAOSwC1hcfFSd

I really hope these will work.