PDA

View Full Version : Perma Wash ratio for small batches

dede95064
5-Sep-2019, 06:37
Hi,

Does anyone know the Heico Perma Wash ratio to use on smaller batches? The directions say 3 ounces to 1 gallon of water. A gallon is too much for my needs since I don't process film that often. My math isn't the best and so I wasn't sure if anyone might already know the correct ratio.

Thanks!

Ulophot
5-Sep-2019, 06:50
32 oz pf water would get 3/4 ounce; 16 oz would get 3/8 oz, 8 oz would get 3/16 ounce. I was using the Permawash cap for a while, but the container doesn't pour so well. I have a small Paterson graduate, 1.5 ounces and the equalivent in ml, which is useful. I also have a measured dropper that I got free at the local pharmacy just for asking, marked at 1 and 2 ml, though I use this mainly for Photoflo.

dede95064
5-Sep-2019, 11:20
Thank you!!!

jamesaz
7-Sep-2019, 21:16
20ml. per liter is how I mix it.

John Olsen
9-Sep-2019, 09:18
I always mix Heico Permawash in small quantities (as posted above by Ulophot) so that I won't feel bad discarding it after a day or two. It seems to form some kind of scum clots that stick to my negatives if I let it sit for several days. I'm using reverse osmosis water for the mix, so I don't think the scum is due to my water quality. Otherwise, it's a good product.

jnantz
9-Sep-2019, 16:53
I do 3/4oz/L and I think I finally figured out that is 1 capful ( the small bottle ) is about 3/4oz .. I'll have to re-measure,
I get tired of squinting my eyes and looking for 3/4 on the vintage cough syrup cuppette.