PDA

View Full Version : Handling xray film

joem
25-Aug-2019, 21:06
Any thoughts on removing a single sheet of film from the package, I seem to struggle with xray sheets more than with regular film. What methods work for by you?

andrewch59
25-Aug-2019, 21:14
I normally wash my hands and dry them, that leaves them a little moist to grip one sheet, without leaving oily thumb prints on the film

koraks
25-Aug-2019, 22:22
What's the problem exactly? Can't get the film out of the bag, or scratching, or yet something else?

Jim Noel
26-Aug-2019, 00:09
I don't understand the problem here. I just allow the film to get about an inch r two outside the envelop and take one sheet at a time.

joem
26-Aug-2019, 13:42
I've been trying to lift the top sheet with a fingernail but will try Andrew's method of sliding one off the stack with a dampish finger.
Hi

Jim Noel
26-Aug-2019, 18:37
getit far enough out of the package,or all the way out, and fan it like cards.Then it is easy to pick a single sheet. I don't like the damp finger idea because of the possibility of leaving a fingerprint on the edge of the image.

andrewch59
26-Aug-2019, 19:13
getit far enough out of the package,or all the way out, and fan it like cards.Then it is easy to pick a single sheet. I don't like the damp finger idea because of the possibility of leaving a fingerprint on the edge of the image.
Pass on that one, sounds like a game of 52 pickup

joem
27-Aug-2019, 06:15
Jim N. fanning the 11X14 seems like it would be a thrill but yes 8X10 would likely be OK.
Andrew your method worked, the top sheet slid right off. Tonight i'll run a couple of sheets and check for scratches which drive me crazy as i prefer to print directly.
Yes i have a retouching dye set though have never had success doing it.

And just to mention and get some thoughts hopefully not starting a bonfire, i use Diafine and have used it for years. i,m especially impressed with the results on XRAY film.