PDA

View Full Version : New to the group first post Have a Century No. 7

Mustang
19-Aug-2019, 06:54
Good morning,
I was at the local Goodwill and happened across a Century No. 7 camera and purchased it. Did not have the lens nor the large heavy base. The camera body is complete and no tears or wear on the bellows.
I for sure am not familiar with them and just here to find out more.
Are lenses available for this body and if so how much can I expect to pay for one?
The print opening seems to be an odd size, 10" X 10". I would assume I might be missing some piece that would make it 8"X 10"?
Someone local interested in purchase. What would be a reasonable price?
Not sure if I got the pics uploaded or not, all new to me.
Have a great day,
David194489194488194490194491

DrTang
19-Aug-2019, 07:23
Missing the back - which are relatively hard to find, and lensboard- 9"x9" - those are easy to get on ebay.. but since you know what you have, you can eaily find out what they are going for by searching completed sales on ebay

Peter De Smidt
19-Aug-2019, 07:24
I have one, too. It's a fine camera.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyed0jzqbp116fu/Century_No_7.jpg?raw=1

You can buy lens boards on Ebay, and you can use a huge number of lenses, anything from about 240mm and up with flat lens board.

We're not allowed to answer price inquires. It matters, though, if all the parts needed to make a picture are there, including the ground glass back, and whether there's any damage. Without the matching stand, it's a bit hard to use.

diversey
19-Aug-2019, 09:14
This camera is beautiful!

I have one, too. It's a fine camera.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyed0jzqbp116fu/Century_No_7.jpg?raw=1

You can buy lens boards on Ebay, and you can use a huge number of lenses, anything from about 240mm and up with flat lens board.

We're not allowed to answer price inquires. It matters, though, if all the parts needed to make a picture are there, including the ground glass back, and whether there's any damage. Without the matching stand, it's a bit hard to use.