PDA

View Full Version : Bellows size for Wista SP

davidmdrake
9-Aug-2019, 11:25
Hello,
I recently purchased a Wista SP which needed new bellows. So I ordered new bellows from a supplier on EBay. I glued the new bellows to the frames from the old one. It all went quite well until I went to close up the camera. The bellows will not compress enough to fold up the drop bed into the camera! very frustrating! I wonder if some who has a Wista SP could please count the number of folds in the bellows of just the standard bellows? It seems that the company may have sent me the extra long bellows for longer lenses instead of the standard bellows?
Thanks
David

Oren Grad
9-Aug-2019, 11:37
The problem may be the thickness and/or stiffness of the material rather than the number of folds.

neil poulsen
11-Aug-2019, 05:53
The bellows occasionally come up on EBay; even the bag bellows. (Though, it takes a while.)

Bob Salomon
11-Aug-2019, 06:56
The bellows occasionally come up on EBay; even the bag bellows. (Though, it takes a while.)

Or just order a new Wista one through the distributor, Omega Brandess, a camera store or a repair center like Precision in IL.

B.S.Kumar
11-Aug-2019, 16:39
Talk to the seller. I don't know about other sellers, but ecbuyonline is very responsive and will make things right.

Kumar

AJ Edmondson
11-Aug-2019, 18:33
"What Kumar said"... in my experience Rudy is very easy to deal with and the replacement bellows I purchased from him for my Wista SP fit perfectly, allowed me to fold the camera and also allowed full extension. (For me) it was a far better alternative than paying the Wista price or searching for a used bellows, especially in view of the fact that I bought my SP new and took really good care of it only to have it develop pinholes.
JE