PDA

View Full Version : arca swiss movimientos

Ricardo Maydana
6-Aug-2019, 13:02
boys, a help, as the metric scale of the ark is used, I add a photo for better understanding,
For a 300 lens, if I set the zero from the front of the support where it is 30 cm, in point 1 or point 2.
my query is understood.

R.K
6-Aug-2019, 14:21
I never used Arca, but why you cant measure it. Take a rule or tape and measure the bellows extension. You do it one time and will know forever. And second if both standards having the same dimensions, and from yours picture it looks like they are the same then if the 0 point aligned with the back of the back standard then the 300 shall be aligned with the back of the front standard. And opposite of course if the zero aligned with the front of the back standard then 300 shall be aligned with the front of the front standard. Once again I never used Arca, this is only what I think should be.

Ricardo Maydana
6-Aug-2019, 18:40
Thank you very much, I'll keep your instructions in mind. I will put it into practice

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Pere Casals
7-Aug-2019, 03:26
For a 300 lens, if I set the zero from the front of the support where it is 30 cm, in point 1 or point 2.

The reference spacing between front and rear standards is 0 to 1 points, but this does not ensure a perfect focus, for example each lens has a flange focal distance that usually it's different than the focal length.

You may first focus at infinite with the 300 (with magnifier in the Ground Glass) then you focus on your subject by moving X millimeters one standard, then to calculate the exposure factor from bellows extension you use the nominal focal length that is 300 and the actual bellows draw that is 300+X.

Ricardo Maydana
7-Aug-2019, 03:40
Guys, this weekend I'm updating the data with your recommendations. Thank you for your advice

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk