PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! 14" Veritar problem

David Aimone
5-Aug-2019, 14:06
I bought a 14" Wollensak Verito in great shape and I can't get the rear lens element and retaining ring off the shutter to mount it through the lens board. I had removed both one time, and they slid off easily, and very easily went back on with no forcing. So I'm kind of perplexed why it won't budge now.

Anyway, what's a safe way to remove it without just applying brute force??? I'm wondering if perhaps the retaining ring is up against the rear element and needs to be moved the other way first....

David Aimone
5-Aug-2019, 14:25
Fixed. Sorry 'bout the panic! Is there something I should use that is safe/proactively on threads to keep them from seizing in the future?

Mark Sawyer
5-Aug-2019, 15:06
A very small amount of candle/bee's wax on the threads. Don't use oil, as that will haze the inside of the lens over time. Not a big deal as it cleans off, but still... And of course, don't torque it on too hard, just snug.

Hailwood
11-Sep-2019, 22:39
In all seriousness, the oil from the side of your nose. Run a finger over your nose, wipe the threads, gently back the thread up til it, "drops" then tread on. Repeat every few months. Very old trick from a medical photographer.

David Aimone
12-Sep-2019, 05:58
I know a fisherman who does that when he puts his fishing poles together...

In all seriousness, the oil from the side of your nose. Run a finger over your nose, wipe the threads, gently back the thread up til it, "drops" then tread on. Repeat every few months. Very old trick from a medical photographer.