PDA

View Full Version : New back pack

esearing
19-Jul-2019, 04:52
I have no affiliation with this company nor know anything other than what is in the kickstarter campaign. This is a 50Liter pack about the same size as the f64 in overall dimensions but different support system and external features. It may or may not be what you are looking for in a LF pack.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alotech/a-comfortable-camera-bag-that-will-break-kickstarter?ref=Fundedtoday&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=14dsa.fnd.to

Andrew O'Neill
20-Jul-2019, 17:12
$400 US?? No thanks.

Greg
20-Jul-2019, 17:29
To me the price of a good backpack is pretty much irrelevant. Paid dearly for my Dana backpack back when I was hiking and camping and never regretted it one bit. For my 8x10 camera backpack bought a f/64 and paid a seamstress to customize the shoulder straps and its interior. Total cost came to more than $400, but I never regretted that one bit. The 8x10 system that I carried cost me over 6K so the price of the backpack was only a fraction of the total cost.

Chance2
20-Jul-2019, 18:13
Enticing. I've got about that much in one bag now. You could spend more and get less, I'm certain of that.

esearing
16-Aug-2019, 02:52
11 days to go and only 3/4 of the amount needed. I'm not sure the makers listened to their audience's suggestions to show more versatility than just a big lens bag, and failed to consider European market. $299 is the Kickstarter price.

David Schaller
16-Aug-2019, 13:31
To me the price of a good backpack is pretty much irrelevant. Paid dearly for my Dana backpack back when I was hiking and camping and never regretted it one bit. For my 8x10 camera backpack bought a f/64 and paid a seamstress to customize the shoulder straps and its interior. Total cost came to more than $400, but I never regretted that one bit. The 8x10 system that I carried cost me over 6K so the price of the backpack was only a fraction of the total cost.
I actually carry my large format gear in Dana backpacks. His new company is Mystery Ranch, and these packs, though not ultralight, are still the best at load distribution I’ve ever found. I don’t understand the need for a backpack with a photo company name on it....