PDA

View Full Version : Efke PL100 developed in....?

tim atherton
3-Nov-2005, 18:50
Any recommendations for developers and places to start with Efke PL100 ( bearing in mind I'm not a big Pyro nut...) - probably rotary processing

thanx

Pete Caluori
3-Nov-2005, 19:18
Hi Tim,

I guess it depends on what you intend to do with the negs. For my use (ULF alt printing in palladium & Van Dyke) I use Pyrocat HD - sorry I know you're not a big pyro nut. I have also used it wih Ilford's DDK developer and had good results, though that was just a test. With Pyrocat HD I use a dilution of 2:2:100, an EI of 100 and rotary process at 24C for 9.5 minutes for a normal scene. Good luck!

Regards, Pete

David A. Goldfarb
3-Nov-2005, 19:21
I like it in ABC pyro, but not sure how that would do for rotary processing. It's nice at EI 200 in Acufine. Whatever you're comfortable with for traditional films should be usable--D-76, Xtol, Rodinal, etc.

robert_4927
3-Nov-2005, 19:28
Tim, probably as you've already read, pyrocat HD is a nice starting point. Personally I like WD2D+ with brush development and that is pretty close to rotary development times. Depending on the density of the negative, as far as starting times go ..... That depends on the medium you are trying to print in and the technique you are using. You would have to be a lot more specific for what you are asking. Or trial and error may be your only answer. good luck either way, Robert... P.S. but like you say if you are not a big pyro nut, than please disregard.

John Kasaian
3-Nov-2005, 22:23
I could be mistaken, but according to J and C's site, Neofin Blue was created for Efke film. I've not tried the combination myself, but hope to someday. Since you're not a pyro-maniac, its an option.

Luca Merlo
3-Nov-2005, 22:29
Now that Rodinal is dead you should start with Calbe 09 that is the Rodinal old formulation. I think that in the States is available through J & C.

David Vickery
4-Nov-2005, 00:27
Hello, I am about to try Formulary's version of FX-2. Haven't done anything with it yet, but will within the next week or so. I'll be tray processing though, with probably reduced development, and a brush maybe even?.?(11x14 pl100 slightly outdated.)