PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this manufacturer's logo?

rossn4
23-Jun-2019, 11:27
Does anyone know the maker which uses this camera logo? Its off a brass projection lens. It looks like Cook which makes me think Cooke but there is no E and I've never seen them use that logo. Thanks if anyone knows the answer.192675

Ethan
1-Jul-2019, 13:49
I don't know anything about it either, but could the outer "c" and "o" stand for company? I would try searching for a maker with the initials O and K

Steven Tribe
2-Jul-2019, 00:10
That was my conclusion, too!

Most company logos with a double "O" couldn't resist pairing them up to make "eyes" or owl type sketches!

karl french
2-Jul-2019, 07:14
Since it's likely a projection lens it could be a stamp from the magic lantern maker rather than the lens maker.

Keith Fleming
2-Jul-2019, 21:42
My first thought was that it was an early Kodak logo. A quick internet search showed the thought was erroneous.

Keith

Steven Tribe
3-Jul-2019, 00:16
Since it's likely a projection lens it could be a stamp from the magic lantern maker rather than the lens maker.

Repeat after me........

I must always check the OP's mail before replying.
I must always check the OP's mail before replying.
I must ....

- I've been there too! But your right about the logo representing the magic lantern maker, rather than the lens supplier.

Molli
3-Jul-2019, 03:14
I'm going with the Kleine Optical Company of Chicago.

The only image I could find showing the logo was on ebay and engraved with Chicago-Montreal. Another I found was a Darlot made in Paris. Here's a screen grab of the former:

...and if I'd taken the time to scroll to the very next image, I'd have seen the full engraving (Chicago-Montreal-New York) and a clearer representation of the logo:

Steven Tribe
3-Jul-2019, 07:02
Well done. Detective work is fun!

rossn4
3-Jul-2019, 08:21
Hey, that's it. Thank's for all the insights and for finally identifying it. It is like detective work and I always like learning lost history.

Molli
3-Jul-2019, 09:40
Hey, that's it. Thank's for all the insights and for finally identifying it. It is like detective work and I always like learning lost history.You're very welcome - I like mysteries, but I also like solving them. I'm also a big fan of 'lost history'. I keep reading up on things that have absolutely no practical use for me, but are simply interesting in their own right.