PDA

View Full Version : John Layton Opens on July 5th in Rockland, Maine

John Layton
17-Jun-2019, 06:39
Just a heads up that I'll be opening (once again!) at the Stanhope and Spencer gallery, located at 342 Main St. in Rockland, Maine (right next to the Farnsworth Art Museum) on Friday, July 5th (beginning at 5:00pm) - as part of the "First Friday" event for that month.

I'll have some new work up, as well as two new 40x60(ish) oceanscapes, which, with any luck, will be in their frames later this week and delivered to the gallery shortly thereafter. I'll be present at the gallery from just before 5:00pm onward on that Friday, and will likely swing by on Saturday also. The show will be up for the month of July and possibly longer.

At any rate...the festivities of a First Friday in Rockland, especially on a warm July evening, are not to be missed!

Mark Sampson
17-Jun-2019, 20:39
I'd like to go, but being 2500 miles away means that I can only offer best wishes. May many collectors be inspired to purchase...

John Bowen
3-Jul-2019, 06:51
I had the opportunity to see John's work along with Tillman Crane's at the Stanhope and Spencer gallery last month. Both artist's images are worth the time and effort to attend.

Jim Fitzgerald
3-Jul-2019, 08:54
John, the very best of luck at the opening.

Bill Kumpf
3-Jul-2019, 08:57
I won't be in Rockland until October. Any chance your work will still be up?

John Layton
3-Jul-2019, 13:30
Thanks folks! Just delivered the 40x60's yesterday...and I must say they look great! But oh...the logistics!

Jim and Mark...I find this frustrating also - we're all so spread apart geographically and it can be difficult to attend each others' openings/events. Hmmm...sudden idea/inspiration to livestream this! Or maybe just make some clips to post on the net.

Bill...while much of the show will be down by October, the gallery does want to maintain my presence there so my guess is that I'll have a few pieces up, and a few more pieces stored upstairs but accessible for viewing. Hopefully I'll be able to leave a couple of my 40x60's up also. So by all means do stop by.

Looks like Tillman will be a presence there also...so I'm in good company! His latest platinum work is stunning.

At any rate...it looks to be a classic, warm July evening on Friday - perfect for this event!

Bill Kumpf
3-Jul-2019, 14:21
Thanks, Rockland is on the schedule.

Steve Sherman
3-Jul-2019, 20:11
John showed many of his ultra large Silver prints at the recent Photo Arts Xchange this last May. The imagery is not to be missed so set aside some time to take in John’s artistic vision and technical mastery.

Peter De Smidt
3-Jul-2019, 20:56
Congratulations, John. Good luck with the show!