PDA

View Full Version : Technikardan wide angle bellows

abruzzi
13-Jun-2019, 12:33
I’m considering returning the Technika IV I bought from KEH because it’s pretty rough condition. I was idly looking at a Technikardan 4x5 for sale (for significantly more obviously) that only has a wide angle bag bellows. Assuming it is the official Linhof bellows, what is the furthest the lens can be moved from the film plane, assuming no movements? Mostly I’m wondering if it is remotely useful with a 150 before dropping the money on the normal bellows?

mpirie
13-Jun-2019, 12:36
Yes, you can use a 150mm with the Technikardan bag bellows, i do it often.

If you do decide to spring for a set of the normal bellows, make sure they're in good condition because the way they compress during packing can show wear at the corners.

You have to be careful when trying long lenses and bag bellows as they will distort.

Mike

abruzzi
13-Jun-2019, 12:44
Yes, you can use a 150mm with the Technikardan bag bellows, i do it often.

Can you focus the 150 to 4-5 feet with the bag, or is it only good for infinity?

When you say distort, do you mean the bag gets taught and pulls the standard out of parallel, or something else?

mpirie
14-Jun-2019, 01:10
Without setting the camera up, i'm not sure if the bag bellows will allow focussing to 4-5 feet.....most likely not.

Yes, the bag bellows will get taught as you focus closer and risk pulling the standards out of alignment.

If you're worried about the standard bellows, i fitted a new set from Camera Bellows in the UK a couple years ago. Fantastic quality.

Mike