PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Technika 4x5 rangefinder restoration...

Embdude
8-Jun-2019, 10:10
Has anyone any experience putting the rangefinder back on a Technika?

I know many have had it removed for whatever reasons... My Master Technika came to me with its rangefinder removed and a homemade patch made along the side...

Ideally I would like to put one back on but I do not have any parts...

I can pay an arm and a leg to get it done, but would like to tackle this one myself if I can round up the pieces...

Bob Salomon
8-Jun-2019, 11:32
To round up the proper pieces contact Linhof service. The Master Technika has been on the market since 1972. Parts change over 47 years!

Jac@stafford.net
8-Jun-2019, 11:54
What Bob said, and keep in mind that you should consider lens cams, too. Good luck to you!

Embdude
9-Jun-2019, 13:57
To round up the proper pieces contact Linhof service. The Master Technika has been on the market since 1972. Parts change over 47 years!

Ok yes I will check in with Linhof, just in case. I have had no luck acquiring parts from anyone else except them.

I checked with the Linhof Service usual suspects in the USA, Precision Camera of Il. , Nipon of NY, & Laflex in Ca., all of which have declined to sell any parts...

Bob Salomon
9-Jun-2019, 14:10
Ok yes I will check in with Linhof, just in case. I have had no luck acquiring parts from anyone else except them.

I checked with the Linhof Service usual suspects in the USA, Precision Camera of Il. , Nipon of NY, & Laflex in Ca., all of which have declined to sell any parts...

I’ll save you some time:

“Older cameras and accessories
You will certainly understand that not all Linhof products depending on their age can still be repaired. The older the camera the more complications have to be anticipated. Generally speaking all cameras older than production year 1959 can no more be repaired lacking spares. The same applies to the models:

All formats 5×7/13×18:
Technika II – without rangefinder
Technika III – without rangefinder
Technika V – without rangefinder
Technika III – with rangefinder
Technika IV – with rangefinder
Super-Technika V – with rangefinder

Technika III 6×9, 9×12
Aero Press
Press 70
Standard Press
Elektrik 70
Linhof 220
Kardan Color, number range 101-1400
Kardan Standard
Technika IV 6×9 und 9×12
Technika 70”

Jac@stafford.net
9-Jun-2019, 14:59
Summarizing Bob Salomon's posts, you are screwed four ways from Sunday. It his mantra. Do not take the old guy seriously. Ignore him and move on with the rest of us to a positive solution regardless of his company-speak. I wonder if Linhof, or Bob, just resent the talent that restores the cameras to adequate standards.

Bob Salomon
9-Jun-2019, 15:26
Summarizing Bob Salomon's posts, you are screwed four ways from Sunday. It his mantra. Do not take the old guy seriously. Ignore him and move on to a positive solution regardless of his company-speak. I wonder if Linhof, or Bob, just resent the talent that restores the cameras to modern standards.

Oi! Bob are you still a commissioned salesman?

What you will have to do is send your camera to have it serviced. The US service centers have old parts. The factory doesn’t.
The service centers decide if they want to sell those parts or keep them to provide service to users that send the cameras to them.

Jac, I haven’t been a commissioned salesman since 1980 and I never represented a service center. In fact, as the Linhof, Rollei, Zeiss, Minox, Multiblitz, Rodenstock distributor we never did service. We always used factory trained independent service centers that had n corporate relationship to us. Nor did we make any money from service they performed. Although we did pay them for repairs they performed under our warranties.