PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever make a cam?

Arcus
4-Jun-2019, 11:25
I'm interested in making a cam for another lens for my Crown. I've read through Grafle.org, but I am wondering whether anyone here has actually done it.

RichardRitter
4-Jun-2019, 12:36
Made a lot of them. They take a lot of time and best to make 2 or 3 blanks so when you mess up the first you have extras.

Arcus
4-Jun-2019, 13:56
Made a lot of them. They take a lot of time and best to make 2 or 3 blanks so when you mess up the first you have extras.

What method did you use? If you had to do it over, how would you improve on what you did originally?

Neal Chaves
5-Jun-2019, 05:44
I have made many of them as well, for both Linhof Technika and TRF Graphics. I'm long done with Linhof and figured I was with TRF Graphics too, but just bought another one to explore the possibilities of Instax Wide film with member Zach Horton's Mercury Camera Instax back for 4X5. For Graphics, I use a brass stock you will find in the Midwest Metals selection in a large hobby store.

Keith Fleming
5-Jun-2019, 17:44
Arcus,

For info, Richard Ritter is well-known for his work manufacturing and repairing large format equipment. If I were Richard, I would not want to divulge too many of my production methods. But I do recommend checking out his website and also using his professional services.

Keith