PDA

View Full Version : Reassembling a Schneider Kreuznach Symmar-S 5.6/210

johnshiell
24-May-2019, 08:15
I need help in reassembling my 210 lens. It had fungus on the inside and after much investigation I managed to strip the lens down...
Please, is there anyone out there to show me the correct procedure to replace the lenses in their correct position? The removal of the fungus was a great success.
If there is an exploded view that I can obtain, I would be very grateful.

John

BrianShaw
24-May-2019, 09:34
On the Schneider web site, in the vintage lens section, is a cut-a-way diagram that might help.

Sorry to hear that you got into this project a bit over your head. I hate when that happens.

EDIT: Well, I guess not. Just a data table. I know I saw it somewhere. Sorry for giving a bad lead.

BrianShaw
24-May-2019, 09:40
Check this out, mate... not sure how much it will help but better than nothing:

https://www.schneideroptics.com/info/vintage_lens_data/large_format_lenses/symmar-s/Symmar-S_Group_Data.pdf

Dan Fromm
24-May-2019, 09:58
John, the inner elements are convex outwards, the outer groups are concave inwards. As long as you didn't mix up the front and rear inner elements, just put the inner elements into the cells so that their curves face the same direction as the outer groups'.

I have no idea how the inner elements are held in place, but since you got them out you should know. Undo, redo and all that.

ic-racer
24-May-2019, 18:06