PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else here on Instagram?

G Benaim
21-May-2019, 03:51
Hi all
I've been posting on ig mostly behind the scenes shots of my lf work, was
Curious if there are others here on ig. My name there is gbenaimphoto. Best,

Robert Kalman
21-May-2019, 05:26
Hi, Gabriel,

Yes, I am. @robtkalman

sepstein17
21-May-2019, 19:59
Yo -- mw 2
@sepstein17

pepeguitarra
21-May-2019, 20:12
@pepeguitarraphotography

Nodda Duma
21-May-2019, 22:52
@pictoriographica

Kiwi7475
22-May-2019, 07:19
No, not part of any Facebook owned company, thank you very much :-)

Louis Pacilla
22-May-2019, 09:22

+1

David Lobato
22-May-2019, 12:27
@blazingshutters55

Winger
22-May-2019, 13:28
@ewfking - a little of everything, phone snaps, dslr, LF, etc..

Cameron Cornell
23-May-2019, 13:56
@papacornell

Cameron Cornell
Washington State
www.analogportraiture.com

gcoates
23-May-2019, 15:27
I have two instagram accounts:
@gcoates (https://www.instagram.com/gcoates/) (iPhone photos only, mostly family)
@coates.photo (https://www.instagram.com/coates.photo/) (mostly film photography - landscapes, family, etc)

invisibleflash
23-May-2019, 16:55
No smart phone. I got a tablet and like perusing IG.

Daniel Stone
23-May-2019, 19:46
Yup!

@stonephotogear

angusparker
23-May-2019, 19:51
@angusparker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

James Morris
23-May-2019, 21:48
https://www.instagram.com/jamesmorrisphoto/

Wanderer
19-Jun-2019, 05:17
Hey there,

https://www.instagram.com/alaincombemorel

It is not 4x5 only as I was only using 35mm when I started my account...

nbagno
19-Jun-2019, 05:31

My thoughts exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arne Croell
19-Jun-2019, 07:42
@silverparticles

Corran
19-Jun-2019, 10:07
Instagram is where all the cool people are these days ;)

────────────────────↓

Tin Can
19-Jun-2019, 11:09
I WAS on FakeBook, but never on Instagram except when tricked onto it.

Now the Master is going to issue Fake Money.

The End is Near.

Leszek Vogt
19-Jun-2019, 12:06
The End is Near.

Randy, I've been hearing this for the last 50yrs. It has got to be true.

*First cell phone in 2006 (flipper)....haven't graduate to anything else.
*First computah in 2000....to use AutoCAD to redesign da house.

Hmmm, anything else is on-need basis.....maybe I'm just too practical.

Les

Tin Can
19-Jun-2019, 12:33
I tried to keep a landline, but it was dead often, lost it entirely around 2008.

Had to sell my stick shift cars when my ankles failed. I can shift without a clutch, once drove 1000 miles to Texas like that. Ankles fixed now!

Wasted lot's of money on everything digital. All scrap quickly.

Didn't have a car for 5 years, then I left the city. Here I need one, however eagerly awaiting the robot helpers.

I do prefer my handsaws, far less dust.

Had to switch to distilled water as the water is bad everywhere.

Still waiting for Godot.

darr
3-Apr-2020, 12:19
No. I really have a dislike for social media.
I was on Facebook with over 2k friends a couple of years ago. Dumped it.
Came back on FB after my cousins cried they wanted me back in their daily life.
I think I have less than 25 friends there, that I can handle, but no more.

Henrim
17-Apr-2020, 00:06
I grew tired and deleted my Instagram account couple of years ago but created a new one some time later. I just haven't been very active user since. Anyhow I'm now building a 8x10 camera and chose to document the build on Instagram. I might add some other content too.

@henrimelaanvuo (https://www.instagram.com/henrimelaanvuo/)

DrTang
17-Apr-2020, 06:45
I do..grudgingly and little used

this is my second one.. I got kicked off IG the first day with my first

I been a little more careful with the new account though and use it to see what some friends are up to.. I rarely post anything there though

it just seems like a full time job for it to be worth more than a bucket of spit

Exploring Large Format
17-Apr-2020, 08:12
I'm on IG from my Instant Film days. If I posted four photos of my camera I got a free pack of Instax film (10 shots). Trading advertising for MiNT Camera for free film for me. Led me down a delightful trail of interviewing strangers on the street: @TouchingMyHeart

The bad is having your mind take in a lot of images that aren't special. The good can be being turned onto images/concepts of real value you wouldn't have otherwise seen. For me, it takes discipline to gather in the good with least bad.

My new, LF account is @BringForthPhotography

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tin Can
15-Jun-2020, 14:56
Got and lost a Range Finder message earlier

Something about Copyright violations on IG

Oren Grad
15-Jun-2020, 20:49
If one is not registered on Instagram, it's not possible to view more than a handful of pictures before being blocked. So posting material on Instagram and nowhere else is a great way to annoy those who don't want to register with a social media company.

Corran
15-Jun-2020, 21:22
If one is not registered on Instagram, it's not possible to view more than a handful of pictures before being blocked. So posting material on Instagram and nowhere else is a great way to annoy those who don't want to register with a social media company.

I hear where you are coming from, but it's also trivial to register a free email with a fake name and then make an account, with very little to connect you to it (use a VPN if you are so inclined to hide even from your ISP). Added benefit is following a variety of photographers you may be interested in keeping up with, searching hashtags to virtually "scout" locations, etc.

Of course one could also rage against posting/viewing any photograph online because it's "just not the same as a silver print held in your hand!"

Oren Grad
15-Jun-2020, 22:11
Nope. If someone really wants me to see their work, they can extend the courtesy of posting it in a way that allows me to do so without hassle. If not, so be it; there's more than enough rewarding material elsewhere to fill multiple lifetimes of web browsing.

Corran
15-Jun-2020, 22:41
In 2020, posting on Instagram IS posting it where one can access it easily (compared to other social media).

Tin Can
16-Jun-2020, 00:37
This

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/04/judge-smacks-down-copyright-suit-over-instagram-embedding/

John Jarosz
16-Jun-2020, 05:43
just showing a lot of different stuff

@thejohnjarosz

Tin Can
16-Jun-2020, 06:25
Hmmm seems I still am, I forgot!

Now need to update, as I never posted...

I will be political there as I am on FB

Politics Matter

Corran
16-Jun-2020, 06:44
This

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/04/judge-smacks-down-copyright-suit-over-instagram-embedding/

Thank you.

While the first couple sentences seem dire, there's some interesting and relevant details in the rest of the article. And some interesting implications for any article that "embeds" photos, which will make them subject to the whims of the photographer, platform, and even just slight changes to the coding (which could easily break links). I doubt any major source of news embeds images from other services?

(I've still had dozens of images run in one small local newspaper with no authorization, attribution, or PAYMENT.)

akoltek
16-Jun-2020, 07:07
You can find 8x10, 120, and 35mm work @andrewkoltek_photography | http://www.instagram.com/andrewkoltek_photography

I've gone through and added a number of you.

Despite the almost overwhelming number of issues with Instagram as a medium and Facebook as a company, I continue to enjoy participating in the little analog community that's hiding there. Folks are interested in sharing and promoting eachothers work, engaging in meaningful discussion, and helping to spread knowledge. I have found mentors, mentees, friends, and inspiration from all across the world. I have yet to find a similar community, but if you know of know, please let me know. :p

Tin Can
16-Jun-2020, 08:29
How exactly do you add us?

You can find 8x10, 120, and 35mm work @andrewkoltek_photography | http://www.instagram.com/andrewkoltek_photography

I've gone through and added a number of you.

Despite the almost overwhelming number of issues with Instagram as a medium and Facebook as a company, I continue to enjoy participating in the little analog community that's hiding there. Folks are interested in sharing and promoting eachothers work, engaging in meaningful discussion, and helping to spread knowledge. I have found mentors, mentees, friends, and inspiration from all across the world. I have yet to find a similar community, but if you know of know, please let me know. :p

akoltek
16-Jun-2020, 17:41
By add I mean I have added the usernames of those that have published theirs to my follow list, so I will be notified when they publish a new post, and can look at their gallery.

Tin Can
16-Jun-2020, 18:02
K

Thanks for the answer

By add I mean I have added the usernames of those that have published theirs to my follow list, so I will be notified when they publish a new post, and can look at their gallery.

Jim Noel
8-Jul-2020, 17:58
I don't use Instagram or any other program to put images on the web. Many years ago I Had one stolen which later appeared in a full page add. There was nothing I could do about it. Never again.

Corran
8-Jul-2020, 18:08
I don't use Instagram or any other program to put images on the web. Many years ago I Had one stolen which later appeared in a full page add. There was nothing I could do about it. Never again.

Sure there was. It would just involve lawyers.

I've successfully DMCA'd Facebook and Twitter. Print media would be a bit different but I wouldn't hesitate to send a hefty bill and legal letter for that kind of flagrant use.

Not sharing your photos because of worries about someone using them is silly IMO.

Darren Kruger
8-Jul-2020, 20:29
Wouldn't this thread be better in another forum here like "Image Sharing (LF) & Discussion" or "Resources"?

Andrew Plume
9-Jul-2020, 10:34
well...............

errrr.......................

mmm..............................

I'd rather not, it's not my bag........................

regards to those who do, nevertheless............................

Andrew

Tin Can
9-Jul-2020, 11:19
I lost my bag

maybe

regardless

ditto

well...............

errrr.......................

mmm..............................

I'd rather not, it's not my bag........................

regards to those who do, nevertheless............................

Andrew

Andrew Plume
9-Jul-2020, 12:36
Thx Randy, appreciated

best

Andrew

Serge S
13-May-2022, 08:12
I've had images reused without permission as well. Once it is scanned ....

Ironage
14-May-2022, 03:24
The internet is a lawless frontier, venture in carefully. Yes, I have instagram, but post sparingly. Mostly watch the videos posted of my grandchildren.

Dugan
14-May-2022, 06:44
If you are not paying for the 'product', your data is the product.

mitch.goddard
14-May-2022, 07:33
I'm somewhat active on instagram as @developstopfix (https://www.instagram.com/developstopfix/)

Andrew O'Neill
14-May-2022, 08:17
https://www.instagram.com/andrew.oneill.artist/

John Jarosz
15-May-2022, 17:01
I’m not posting as frequently as I have in the past, but I still post now & then
Search: thejohnjarosz

CDN_FELLOW
6-Jun-2022, 06:36
vtav_photo

Toronto, Ontario

johnmsanderson
7-Jun-2022, 09:13
https://www.instagram.com/johnsandersonphotographer

moggi1964
7-Jun-2022, 10:32
https://www.instagram.com/live_in_awe/

archphotofisher
7-Jun-2022, 10:34
#archphotofisher

Tin Can
10-Jun-2022, 03:45
I will never Insta/Mega

If fact I am changing my posting on this forum and Flickr starting now

I shoot Tiny Format every day of many things, I enjoy fast snaps, I will post them as I see fit

However I will no longer 'share/post' DIGI copies of Large Format, ULF and Mammoth

4X5 and above verboten

3X4 and smaller from any media will be posted

MEGA has invaded our lives, HE makes big $$ we get used.

Yea, I know, I guess the problem is it's the same on any website it's the price to pay for a unfettered access to people's photography and other media? The alternative is only show people things in person or ship things back and forth, but if you've ever been involved in post card exchanges or shipping portfolios that can get expensive kind of fast. I don't post large images anywhere online. I know a lot of people who do LF and art photography believe gigantic images to see details in blades of grass or whatever, is best, maybe it is? ...

@jnanian

jnantz
11-Jun-2022, 04:33
I will never Insta/Mega

If fact I am changing my posting on this forum and Flickr starting now

I shoot Tiny Format every day of many things, I enjoy fast snaps, I will post them as I see fit

However I will no longer 'share/post' DIGI copies of Large Format, ULF and Mammoth

4X5 and above verboten

3X4 and smaller from any media will be posted

MEGA has invaded our lives, HE makes big $$ we get used.
How has it invaded our lives or and "using me" by posting low Rez images on IG ?

Tin Can
11-Jun-2022, 05:08
The issue is bigger than image theft, up rez does work

Big money always wins

Corporation are Better People

How has it invaded our lives or and "using me" by posting low Rez images on IG ?

Tin Can
11-Jun-2022, 05:24
also

Why shoot big film so pundits may view and judge on cell phones

I do what I do to amuse me

Only

jnantz
11-Jun-2022, 05:40
The issue is bigger than image theft, up rez does work

Big money always wins

Corporation are Better People

also

Why shoot big film so pundits may view and judge on cell phones

not really like that, its just sharing photographs, no pundits tell me anything, I don't watch ads or get ads
if someone steals my work, whatever, im sure posting things here has the same amount of "theft". people download
to their hard drive without "asking" what's the difference? pretty much none.

Tin Can
11-Jun-2022, 06:03
I may fire Flicker as I need to reduce all unnecessary costs

The point is moot as we old people are expendable

I've never been connected with pundits on instagram and don't care that someone sees things on their cellphone. I go to Flickr and this website on my phone once in a while.
How are you going to vet viewers on Flickr ?

Sorry, not trying to give you a hard time but I guess I still don't really understand the issue at hand.

Tin Can
11-Jun-2022, 11:54
Good for you

How many times have you seen his really cute Mega ad on TV

It's very well done

Why does Elon say Earth will be gone in a decade

Rich Robots

I was offered Ivy League long ago, age 14

I rejected that mindset

Just listened to Alan Watts for the first time

I read his books way back

jnantz
12-Jun-2022, 03:05
I may fire Flicker as I need to reduce all unnecessary costs

The point is moot as we old people are expendable

Flickr is free, but there are ads

Tin Can
12-Jun-2022, 03:41
Flicker has advantages in their pay system, cut

My income is fixed, with this inflation I need to cut anything possible

except food and art supplies

I never sell Art, well I did sell 4 sculpture and have regretted that for 25 years

I give some away

I make ART for myself, not for $$$, not for fame

Dust to Dust

SOON!

:cool:

Flickr is free, isn't it ?

I know it's a well made ad but a bit confusing. I catch it between episodes of Divorce Court and Personal Injury Court, and then while I was watch Supreme Justice. I thought it was an ad for shoes. I hope besides Entertainment Studio Classics, they have re-runs of Maury and Jerry Springer Morton Downey Jr. and [I]Baggage[/I ]in MetaVerse too, my avatar is gonna be bored without caffeine and calories. Not sure how it will be able to use a LF camera, from what I understand humans are gonna be like weebles / no arms or legs, and everything is badly animated, resolution might not be good enough for LF and not sure how'd I'd set up the gear. Did Alan Watts give any insights ?

I hope you find a place to host your work.

jnantz
12-Jun-2022, 05:38
Flicker has advantages in their pay system, cut

My income is fixed, with this inflation I need to cut anything possible

except food and art supplies

I never sell Art, well I did sell 4 sculpture and have regretted that for 25 years

I give some away

I make ART for myself, not for $$$, not for fame

Dust to Dust

SOON!

:cool:

to each their own

Michael R
12-Jun-2022, 08:41
Dust to dust, .. it's going around!

Did you mean fun to funky? :)

jnantz
12-Jun-2022, 11:02
Did you mean fun to funky? :)

dude, keep tom out of this. unless he has an instagram feed ;) LOL

martiansea
13-Jun-2022, 14:55
Today, Bergger's Instagram account had the audacity to post a pic of a medium format shot in Pancro 400 that was developed in Rodinal (the horror!!!). Of course, I couldn't help but leave a snarky comment.

And anyone else notice that Foma's IG account mysteriously suddenly disappeared recently? I bet they got permabanned for posting boobs. LOL

jnantz
14-Jun-2022, 06:58
Today, Bergger's Instagram account had the audacity to post a pic of a medium format shot in Pancro 400 that was developed in Rodinal (the horror!!!). Of course, I couldn't help but leave a snarky comment.

And anyone else notice that Foma's IG account mysteriously suddenly disappeared recently? I bet they got permabanned for posting boobs. LOL

BIG film is at it again..
Lina Bessonova always posts great stuff too...

paulbarden
14-Jun-2022, 09:20
I'm looking at grainery.app as an alternative to Instagram now. It appears to be much more geared towards sharing of images that originate solely from film.

Molli
14-Jun-2022, 13:14
I'm looking at grainery.app as an alternative to Instagram now. It appears to be much more geared towards sharing of images that originate solely from film.Yours was the very first image I saw when I went to check it out. I'd been showing a friend some of your work less than a week ago and mentioned that I'd know your window anywhere. Your photo made a great first impression in grainery.app's favour [emoji16]

I'm possibly a little more darkroom orientated than they're catering to, as I do wish developers, paper and toning were an integral part of the gear selection used. Obviously older/alternative techniques are also of great interest to me.
Having said that, I understand hashtags will be fully searchable, so I'll probably find more darkroom information as their user base and database expands.

kevinjp
19-Jun-2022, 21:29
Grainery.app looks interesting, I’m going to have to check it out. It seems like a great idea. There seems to be a demand for a photography app that focuses more on the photo (film or digital) and less on the social aspect/algorithm like Instagram.

I'm also on instagram - https://www.instagram.com/kevinpihlajaphoto/

bgh
22-Jun-2022, 15:04
I too shall check out granary.app, I just created a profile there. In the meantime, I'm here on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bgharveysyr/

vphill
22-Jun-2022, 17:40
Very late to this discussion but I am at https://www.instagram.com/mark.e.phillips/

AidanAvery
23-Jun-2022, 10:02
Interested to check out the grainery.app too. In the meantime, here's my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aidanaveryphoto

I post only work on film - lots of different formats (120, 35mm, Polaroid, and... now 4x5 too!)

mpkutz
7-Jul-2022, 06:48
Looking at grainery.app. https://www.instagram.com/mpkutz/

NorbertNL
15-Jul-2022, 04:53
@norbert.steinkamp http://www.instagram.com/norbert.steinkamp/ here - just a collection of diverse pictures

paulbarden
13-Aug-2022, 07:46
I'm looking at grainery.app as an alternative to Instagram now. It appears to be much more geared towards sharing of images that originate solely from film.

Update: I'm not so sure Grainery is going to be ideal for me: the creator of it has stated that at some point, he plans to open the platform up to allow digital content, at which point it will become irrelevant. I'm reserving judgement for now, though.

Me: https://grainery.app/u/darkbravo

jnantz
14-Aug-2022, 04:37
have you gone to ipernety yet ? http://www.ipernity.com

Tin Can
14-Aug-2022, 04:52
I want a 10 year contract

They do save it all for 3 years after we ghost

Great name!

PRJ
14-Aug-2022, 22:08
I haven't posted any LF stuff. I am at the other end these days. Lots of Minox which is what I have been mostly using the last three years.

https://www.instagram.com/patrickrobertjames/

Serge S
15-Aug-2022, 07:25
Nice work with the minox!

I haven't posted any LF stuff. I am at the other end these days. Lots of Minox which is what I have been mostly using the last three years.

https://www.instagram.com/patrickrobertjames/

MikeAVC
5-Nov-2022, 02:44
Flicker, shutterstock

djdister
25-Mar-2023, 06:16

The ipernity website doesn't use https (encryption) - I wouldn't trust a website that is so cheap and out of sync with current times.

Tin Can
25-Mar-2023, 06:20
Thank you!

The ipernity website doesn't use https (encryption) - I wouldn't trust a website that is so cheap and out of sync with current times.

d2photographic
26-Mar-2023, 06:42
Mix of LF, MF, and 35mm
https://www.instagram.com/d2photographic/

Richard Wasserman
26-Mar-2023, 07:12
I recently joined Instagram mainly to see what a few other photographers I'm interested in are doing. You can see what I've been up to at: https://www.instagram.com/richard_wasserman/?hl=en

Tin Can
26-Mar-2023, 07:14
Never again

Andrew O'Neill
27-Mar-2023, 12:15
I am but I rarely post my photos... usually just links to my youtube videos, which usually contain a print that I worked on.

NHE
27-Mar-2023, 17:45
I am, mostly large format with some medium format and alt process. Recently I’ve began documenting my adventures with an 11x14 camera.

https://www.instagram.com/nickellisonphotography/

michael_los_angeles_photo
27-Mar-2023, 18:02
I’m moderntintype.photo on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/moderntintype.photo/

lassethomas
27-Mar-2023, 18:03
Well, considering that on Instagram a 1 megapixel camera would be as good as any large format camera, here is my overachievements

https://www.instagram.com/scatteredlightphoto/

jnantz
28-Mar-2023, 08:42
Well, considering that on Instagram a 1 megapixel camera would be as good as any large format camera, here is my overachievements

https://www.instagram.com/scatteredlightphoto/

great images !

I think it is enlightening that so many great photographs, because in the end it's not really the gear that matters, it's the photographs made. Sadly most photographs aren't making photographic PRINTS, their work is stuck as either a negative never or a digital viewing format and never converted into a physical print. I can see why though, who has the room to convert all their great images into prints.

schafphoto
29-Mar-2023, 09:22
Insta:
https://www.instagram.com/habs_photographer/
Grainery
https://grainery.app/u/habs_photographer

kmp.13
31-Mar-2023, 15:18
Just starting the journey: develop.photography.project

emmanuelvictor
25-May-2023, 02:00
Yes, I'm on Instagram too! It's a great platform to connect with friends, family, and like-minded individuals. You can also boost your account's visibility by purchasing Instagram followers. For example, SMM-World offers Instagram followers instant delivery (https://www.smm-world.com/buy-instagram-followers), which can help increase your account's reach and engagement. It's a quick and easy way to take your Instagram game to the next level.

munz6869
25-May-2023, 05:49
I'm at https://www.instagram.com/rolleiflex4813/

Marc!

bertie
25-May-2023, 07:23
Might as well throw my name in the hat

@berto_smitho

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

annaneves
11-Oct-2023, 01:39
Hello G Benaim, I hope this message finds you well. It's been a while since you posted this thread, but I wanted to chime in and say that it's wonderful you've been sharing behind-the-scenes shots of your lf work on Instagram. Over the past four years, I'm sure you've seen the platform evolve and grow.

Now, considering that the thread is four years old, I'd like to offer a suggestion if you're still active on social media. TikTok has gained tremendous popularity during this time, especially for its short-form and engaging content. If you ever decided to explore TikTok, you might want to Buy Tik Tok auto likes (https://iamat.com/buy-tiktok-auto-likes/) to give your content a boost and reach a broader audience.

Tin Can
11-Oct-2023, 04:26
only when disinformation

snags me

TwoFootLarry
16-Feb-2024, 20:45
@tehjota