PDA

View Full Version : Ed. Liesegang Janar Anastigmat

robertraymer
14-May-2019, 17:40
I just picked up the 400m f4 version of this lens to experiment with with wet plate portraits and I was wondering if anyone has any information on it.

Lens Vade Mecum has little info on Ed. Liesegang in general and no information on this lens in particular. Web searches have yielded 1 or 2 portraits shot with the 480mm version (which I liked), but no other information. All I know is that it was a projection lens and that it is an anastigmat that appears from looking through the lens to be triplet, though I am no expert.

I will post scans once I have a chance to mount it and shoot with it.

Bob Salomon
14-May-2019, 18:22
Liesegang in Düsseldorf made overhead and opaque projectors. This lens appears to be one of the opaque projector lenses.
They also made 67 slide projectors under their name but we imported Cabin 67 projectors directly from Japan for the US market as the German one was far too expensive.

Liesegang in Berlin, a different company, made enlargers.

We, until 83, were the distributor for Liesegang Düsseldorf.

robertraymer
15-May-2019, 11:55
Just took it apart to clean some dust out and to clean the elements and confirmed it is a triplet design. 1 front and 1 rear planoconvex lens, each with a significant amount of air space (at least 4cm) between itself and a planoconcave middle lens. Lens was quite easy to open and quite simple in design. Ordered a board for it which should be here next week. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot with it shortly after.

robertraymer
3-Jun-2019, 19:05
If anyone was interested, I just posted the first plate I shot with this lens in the collodion images thread. Im very happy with the results.