PDA

View Full Version : Help with a fix and identification of a 1990s cambo 4x5 view camera

ydono
2-May-2019, 17:04
Hi all. I have stopped being a product photographer and am about to sell my 4x5 calumet cambo view camera. I bought it in the 1990s. Unfortunately there isn't a model on it - or anything to identify it at all. It looks like a legend but it doesn't have legend on the front of it so I don't think it is. Anyway, two issues:

1 - can someone help me identify which view camera this is? (see quicky photo below)
2 - there is the monorail that the camera tightens to. through time these little bars that were glued on (I think to the 4 edges of the monorail) have come off. I used to just put them back on if I ever took the camera down and back up. but it has been ten years and I can not remember. Does anyone know how to do this? Please see photos below of the pieces and the monorail.

will really welcome any guidance. thanks!

Louis Pacilla
2-May-2019, 20:55
It's a Cambo "Legend". 4x5 great studio rail cameras and way under appreciated & yes You MUST have the Teflon/plastic booties for the standards to fit the rail. I haven't any idea where to locate two sets but you may want to check the Cambo repair facility nearest you to see if they have any spares to sell and if they have them I bet they're not all to expensive.

ydono
3-May-2019, 06:57
It's a Cambo "Legend". 4x5 great studio rail cameras and way under appreciated & yes You MUST have the Teflon/plastic booties for the standards to fit the rail. I haven't any idea where to locate two sets but you may want to check the Cambo repair facility nearest you to see if they have any spares to sell and if they have them I bet they're not all to expensive.

I have them. I just can' figure out how to get them on!!! i tried so many different ways.

Louis Pacilla
3-May-2019, 07:28
I have them. I just can' figure out how to get them on!!! i tried so many different ways.

I do have a 8x10 Legend (same exact size plastic booties on all legends )around here somewhere and I'll pull it out to have a look at orientation of plastic booties and post the proper position. I'll say this, it does take a lot of figuring out and seems as if it should be easier.
So I'll get info to you one point today.