PDA

View Full Version : Star Camera Company

robertraymer
2-May-2019, 06:51
Does anyone know if it is still in business?

I placed a small order in December and have still not received it, and all my emails to check on the order status have gone unanswered. Now that it has been 5 months with no delivery and no communicationIm wondering if he has simply gone out of business.

healyzh
25-Sep-2019, 11:55
I decided to search the LFF to try and determine the same thing. I placed an order in April, via email, and paid for the items at that time. I've not heard anything, and finally tried to contact him.

Two23
25-Sep-2019, 17:27
I was considering buying a stereo 5x8 from them. Now I'm not.:(

Kent in SD

Eric Woodbury
25-Sep-2019, 18:46
Their home page doesn't show up. Sub-pages do. Wiki says they're in Egg Harbor City, New Jersey.

Andrew Plume
26-Sep-2019, 02:20
Sorry to hear etc..................

My recollection from a few years back (and from their then website) was that they were no longer making new Cameras

Regards

Andrew

paulbarden
26-Sep-2019, 09:43
Sorry to hear etc..................

My recollection from a few years back (and from their then website) was that they were no longer making new Cameras

Regards

Andrew

That was my understanding as well.

Two23
26-Sep-2019, 10:52
So who is making repro cameras now?

Kent in SD

Ray Marrero
26-Sep-2019, 11:08
They seem to be still selling on eBay...

goamules
26-Sep-2019, 13:22
I have some knowledge of that company and the owner. He is slow. Like a lot of craftsmen, he works on his schedule, and sometimes (often) his promised delivery date will be exceeded by weeks or months. But he will eventually deliver the camera, back, etc. If he took your money and answered email in April, when did he say it would be ready to ship? I'd start pestering and find an actual phone number to call him to. He's notorious for this.

Andrew Plume
27-Sep-2019, 15:44
I'll also add this to the thread:

//www.modelmayhem.com/education/photography/5370-whats-in-your-bag-allan-barnes

regards

Andrew

healyzh
29-Sep-2019, 15:03
Ray got back to me yesterday, it looks like my order may have just slipped through the cracks.