PDA

View Full Version : Durst condensers.... coated?

Gale Tattersall
26-Oct-2005, 19:29
Does any wise person know if Durst either made coated condensers for either the 138s or 184 enlargers? I am told that they were made specifically for point source enlarging to prevent internal reflections between the condensers, thus creating a purer colimated light path.... I'm not sure how anal one can get about this... does it really make a difference? The durst part names make this whole area even more confusing... Gracons, laticos...
I don't suppose there is a magic list anywhere where you can figure out what a Durst designated name actually is, and which enlarger it is designed to go with?? Any help would be most appreciated!

lee\c
26-Oct-2005, 19:35
Gale there are coated condesers they have an "S" I think right after the number like "240s". I have seen them for sale on Ebay

lee/c

Michael Jones
26-Oct-2005, 20:30
As I recall, the letter is "T" after the condensor size for coated. The coated condensors are for point source light heads. The special coating is not needed with any other light source.

Go here for Durst info (and parts): http://www.jensen-optical.com/five.html

Good luck.

Mike

lee\c
26-Oct-2005, 20:51
Michael,

I think you are right it is a T. My mistake...sorry

leec

Gale Tattersall
27-Oct-2005, 15:33
Lee and Michael.... thanks for the help... most appreciated!

Cliff Baldwin
15-Mar-2007, 11:35
Hi-I have some point lite source condensors for sale if interested.Some are for 138 5x7 Durst and some for Durst 4x5.Various prices.Let me know which ones you are after.Thanx,Cliff.204-774-7190 or blackypoocher@hotmail.com.