PDA

View Full Version : Century Imperial Studio Unit 1936 users...?

Tin Can
17-Apr-2019, 07:45
Has anyone ever seen or used one?

Looks very impressive in this catalog. http://www.libraryweb.org/~digitized/tradecats/kodak/Kodak_professional_apparatus_1936.pdf

Somehow it allows GG viewing of subject with instant moving of the film holder into position when the shutter is tripped!

ic-racer
17-Apr-2019, 07:55
I'm not big on 'Antique' anything, especially cameras. But I love the styling on that! Thanks for sharing! I also like using focus hood, rather than a dark-cloth on my cameras. Looks like that one is big enough to put your whole head in there.

ic-racer
17-Apr-2019, 08:08
Somehow it allows GG viewing of subject with instant moving of the film holder into position when the shutter is tripped!
Maybe something like this below. Just a guess, but I think that is a 'curtain' parked over the film holder that is placed over the ground glass when doing the slide. Seeing as how the darkslide would already have been pulled, light coming through the ground glass will fog the film as you are sliding the film holder in place. Again, just a guess.

Louis Pacilla
17-Apr-2019, 14:04
I have Imperial View Studio Camera and have posted photos here a long while back. I believe the thread is still around but lacking photos but I'll try to retake photos of it and post them but I'll not be able to get to it for a few days for reasons out of my control. I also have the 10A w/ the same Sliding Carriage #2.

The fun viewing of the Imperial View is inside the pedestal ( the raise system which is a semi complex worm gear for raising/lowering the camera) & the underbelly (lift system which raises the entire unit to the 3 wheels). I lost all those photos so I'll try to get more made.

Here's the only photo I have in my library and it's actually of my batman camera stand but you can see the Imperial View in the background. The other photo is the 10a w/ Sliding Carriage #2 w/ built in dark slide.

Tin Can
17-Apr-2019, 15:15
Louis this is good news.

We can wait!

Very excited to hear at least a few exist.

This camera far exceeds the Deardorff Art Nouveau stand with camera.

Is your camera considered Art Deco?

Jac@stafford.net
17-Apr-2019, 15:39
This camera far exceeds the Deardorff Art Nouveau stand with camera.

Is your camera considered Art Deco?

I am so certain that the build style of the camera makes era-appropriate, even better images. WTF is it good for other than a prop, something to appreciate while sitting on a Victorian sofa drinking an over-priced wine?

(Betting an immoderator will delete post due to rudeness. Save, reflect.)

jmontague
17-Apr-2019, 15:51
Wish it could still be had for $485. Of course, that is without a lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tin Can
17-Apr-2019, 16:16
I like all kinds of obsolete stuff. I like women my age. I listen to classical music. I hope to live long enough to see the rebuilt Notre Dame in person. Ever use a wire recorder? Hilarious!

When on vacation I seek out old or new pipe organs wherever they may be. Kenosha has a very cool modern organ in a stark Lutheran Church. Montreal has old churches that are excellent during afternoon practice.

I attended Mass in Westminster Cathedral just for the experience. They kick all tourist out then let in the pious. And yes I am a believer.

Why would anyone ride an old Sportster as I did today? I love the beast and it is truly a beast. My left leg always cramps. The cross wind today was severe, so I took the longest, slowest way home.

I had a fine red wine for lunch with a hand formed burger and made to order hot potato chips, in an original CCC era lodge. TODAY!

I love using an odd old camera to take my NOT ART images on fake film, aka Ektascan.

Of course i will never be famous, at least i hope not. I could be a front page story tomorrow if I told my real story. But I won't.

I am so certain that the build style of the camera makes era-appropriate, even better images. WTF is it good for other than a prop, something to appreciate while sitting on a Victorian sofa drinking an over-priced wine?

(Betting an immoderator will delete post due to rudeness. Save, reflect.)

Duolab123
17-Apr-2019, 19:45
I like all kinds of obsolete stuff. I like women my age. I listen to classical music. I hope to live long enough to see the rebuilt Notre Dame in person. Ever use a wire recorder? Hilarious!

When on vacation I seek out old or new pipe organs wherever they may be. Kenosha has a very cool modern organ in a stark Lutheran Church. Montreal has old churches that are excellent during afternoon practice.

I attended Mass in Westminster Cathedral just for the experience. They kick all tourist out then let in the pious. And yes I am a believer.

Why would anyone ride an old Sportster as I did today? I love the beast and it is truly a beast. My left leg always cramps. The cross wind today was severe, so I took the longest, slowest way home.

I had a fine red wine for lunch with a hand formed burger and made to order hot potato chips, in an original CCC era lodge. TODAY!

I love using an odd old camera to take my NOT ART images on fake film, aka Ektascan.

Of course i will never be famous, at least i hope not. I could be a front page story tomorrow if I told my real story. But I won't.

I'm glad I'm not burdened with so much money that I pursue the latest trends.
I just spent the last month rebuilding a 50 year old Calumet, rocking print washer. Found a little family owned shop on Long Island that had gaskets for a brass solenoid valve. The thing works great. So much fun.

Jac@stafford.net
18-Apr-2019, 07:02
I like all kinds of obsolete stuff. I like women my age. [...]

Sure, but can you still find parts for them?

Tin Can
18-Apr-2019, 07:10
Humans are rebuilt all the time.

Anything ever human made can be made again.

However the real joy is using unrestored originals.

Yes, some need a few bits...

Sure, but can you still find parts for them?

Jac@stafford.net
18-Apr-2019, 12:18
[...] Anything ever human made can be made again.

When I lived in England until 1969 there was a large cottage industry where individuals would make custom wool sweaters on a 1-to-1 basis. Often a customer would supply the wool. Beautiful stuff.

In Oxford there was a men's room wall of graffiti. One in particular.

In a sloppy scrawling hand was written, "My mother made me a queer!"
The response below it in academic italic, "If I gave her the material would she make one for me?"

Tin Can
18-Apr-2019, 12:25
What do you mean?

When I lived in England until 1969 there was a large cottage industry where individuals would make custom wool sweaters on a 1-to-1 basis. Often a customer would supply the wool. Beautiful stuff.

In Oxford there was a men's room wall of graffiti. One in particular.

In a sloppy scrawling hand was written, "My mother made me a queer!"
The response below it in academic italic, "If I gave her the material would she make one for me?"

Jac@stafford.net
18-Apr-2019, 14:23
What do you mean?

Oh my friend, please consider irony.

Anything ever human made can be made again.

Except humans.