PDA

View Full Version : Wista 45 Graflok Back types compatibility question

nicemate1
12-Apr-2019, 04:22
Hello everyone!

I am trying to understand if there is a chance for me to use my super useful Horseman collapsible reflex viewer on my Wista 45VX without having to modify any of the parts.

At the moment in fact, my Wista 45VX has a type of Graflok back attachment with which my Horseman reflex viewer is not compatible (image 1). I have noticed, however, that other Wista 45 cameras have a different type of Graflok back, which looks identical to mine except the part where other accessories, such as the viewing hood or the reflex viewer, are to be attached (image 2). You can clearly see this last type of attachment has a longer "anchor part" (the double sided pin axis on which the viewer swivels and can be opened to one side). I suspect that if I had this type of graflok back attachment, I could easily mount my Horseman viewer without any modification (image 3).

Can someone tell me if I can substitute the Graflok back on my Wista 45 VX with the other Graflok back seen on the other Wista 45 cameras, in order to make my camera compatible with my reflex viewer? I think they are compatible, because both are of the revolving type, but wanted to be sure.

Any help is very much appreciated :)

Bob Salomon
12-Apr-2019, 04:27
Why not sell your shutter reflex viewer and get the Wista one?

nicemate1
12-Apr-2019, 04:36
Why not sell your shutter reflex viewer and get the Wista one?

Hello Bob, many thanks for your answer. I have considered that, but the truth is that the Horseman is the best one. It's collapsible, light, binocular (a big advantage compared to the monocular) and it has an adjustable mirror inclination (which is a big advantage when you are shooting indoors and going wider with the focal lengths).

Bob Salomon
12-Apr-2019, 04:50
Hello Bob, many thanks for your answer. I have considered that, but the truth is that the Horseman is the best one. It's collapsible, light, binocular (a big advantage compared to the monocular) and it has an adjustable mirror inclination (which is a big advantage when you are shooting indoors and going wider with the focal lengths).

Have you looked at the Wista Folding Reflex viewer?

nicemate1
12-Apr-2019, 06:19
Hi Bob, yes, but that one is monocular and does not have a variable mirror inclination, which are such major improvements for me when working.

B.S.Kumar
12-Apr-2019, 16:25
The Horseman viewer will fit Toyo cameras, not Wista.

Kumar