PDA

View Full Version : Whats become of Photo-warehouse?

John Kasaian
22-Oct-2005, 22:17
Photo-warehouse's website dosen't seem to have changed since they were selling Ilford FP-4 relabelled as PW Ultra.

Imagine buying a box of 25 sheets of 8x10 for around $30? (Of course it wasn't so long ago I was doing just that!)

Are they still in business? Are they still selling Ilford? Or have they switched to Forte or Foma or Lucky?

Thanks!

Bill_1856
23-Oct-2005, 06:02
Have you tried their (gasp!) telephone number?

phil sweeney
23-Oct-2005, 06:29
I called them a while back. No more large format cut sheet film.

Larry Gebhardt
23-Oct-2005, 06:31
I think they had two different domain names at one time, at least that is what they told me when I asked about a price descrepency. I was looking at the old site. The salesman indicated that they couldn't get the host to take down the old site. I think the correct one is http://ultrafineonline.com/

neil poulsen
23-Oct-2005, 10:26
What's their fiber-base paper like?

Could it possibly be Ilford? I ask because they don't carry Ilford FB, yet they offer both and Ultrafine warm tone and regular.

jnantz
23-Oct-2005, 14:30
neil

i used to buy their fiber base + rc paper all the time.
it has been a few years since i ordered from them ( the former owner was still there ... )
it used to be ilford multi grade ( both fiber and rc ) from what i could tell
( i had some ilford i printed next to it, and they looked identical ) ...

again, that was a few years ago ... i haven't bought any paper in a while ...

BRIAN STEVENS
3-May-2006, 12:33
PHOTO WAREHOUSE IS STILL ALIVE.......THEY WILL BE AQUIRING SHEET FILMS SHORTLY...
CALL THEM AND THEY WIL TAKE YOUR NAME & NUMBER AND NOTIFY YOU WHEN THE SHEET FILM IS AVAILABLE.....800 922 5484

John Kasaian
3-May-2006, 15:53
Thats great news! Another player in the sheet film biz is very encouraging. I wonder who's products they'll be cutting and in what sizes?