PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Q: Workflow from RAW, Desaturate or B&W Treatment?

Peter Collins
7-Apr-2019, 18:13
I'm almost finished my online Ps course, and I have learned all kinds of neat stuff that I have no use for. (The course appears to be oriented to image-making for web, etc.) I want to take my RAW file and eventually produce a B&W print. How do I best make the RAW file look like the print I envision? How to do that in Ps? A basic workflow question.
Thanks!

Vaughn
7-Apr-2019, 19:46
You can be a little more creative about it by messing with each color individually. Sort of like filters -- lighten all reds or whatever.

That is about as technical as I can get.

Peter De Smidt
7-Apr-2019, 20:11
Use Camera Raw for overall adjustments. Output 16 bits per channel to Photoshop. Add. BW adjustment layer. Adjust to taste. Create two curve layers, one to dodge and one ti burn. Invert their layer masks. Paint with a low flow soft brush on the approrpate mask. When happy adjust overall contrast with a curve layer. Save full size with all layers in a working file folder. Flatten image. Resize to proper size for printing. Sharpen. Save fille in a to print folder. There is more, but that’s a rough outline.