PDA

View Full Version : Lens 240mm

Ricardo Maydana
7-Apr-2019, 07:20
Boys, a help based on your experience. I am in search of information or guidance for the choice of a 240 mm. my budget is short. so I go for the used market. what they recommend make model . the information they provide will be useful. the answer if it is in Spanish grateful.

Muchachos, estoy en camino de tener un 240 mm para 4x5. Consejos, tips. Cual es su preferencia.
Gracias

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Peter De Smidt
7-Apr-2019, 07:54
The more modern 240mm plasmats come in a Copal 3 shutter. Big. Alternatives in a Copal 1 shutter are a G Claron, Fujinon A, or Doctor Optic. Older lenses, such as Ektars, Paragons, Raptars...come in close focal lengths, 10" being common. The lenses are cheaper, but often a clean/lube/adjust needs to be done on the shutter, and the older lenses often have non-current-standard filter requirements.

Luis-F-S
7-Apr-2019, 07:58
If your budget is short, a G-Claron is your best bet.

Si no quiere gastar mucho el G-Claron es lo major.

rdeloe
7-Apr-2019, 08:04
Does it have to be exactly a 240mm lens? A very inexpensive "close" option is the Fujinon 250mm f/6.3. If a slightly longer focal length is acceptable, then it's worth a look. They sell for around $200 USD on eBay.

Fujinon 250/6.3 sits in a Copal 1 shutter and weights 590 grams (not counting shutter). Image circle is 312mm at f/22. It takes 67mm filters.

I have the Fujinon 210/5.6. It's a very nice lens.

John Kasaian
7-Apr-2019, 08:11
Schneider G Claron---comes in a modern No.1 shutter, single coated, tack sharp APO, acres of wiggle room (it covers 8x10 with movements) takes screw on filters in a size common to 35mm SLR lenses(I forget exactly which size but the filters borrowed from my Nikon F2 kit fit the "G") so used filters are easy to find at good prices if you don't already have some.

Vaidotas
7-Apr-2019, 09:12
What is your format and how small is your budget?
Fujinon 250/6.7 has dramatical price drop nowadays.
It would be nice choice for 8x10 or 5x7 with extensive movements.

Ricardo Maydana
7-Apr-2019, 10:00
If your budget is short, a G-Claron is your best bet.

Si no quiere gastar mucho el G-Claron es lo major.

Gracias lo tomo y veo qué hay en el mercado

Ricardo Maydana
7-Apr-2019, 10:01
Does it have to be exactly a 240mm lens? A very inexpensive "close" option is the Fujinon 250mm f/6.3. If a slightly longer focal length is acceptable, then it's worth a look. They sell for around $200 USD on eBay.

Fujinon 250/6.3 sits in a Copal 1 shutter and weights 590 grams (not counting shutter). Image circle is 312mm at f/22. It takes 67mm filters.

I have the Fujinon 210/5.6. It's a very nice lens.

Gracias. Tomo nota y busco en mercado de eBay.

alkman
7-Apr-2019, 11:25
I've been shooting with a 240mm G-Claron for a while. While only single coated, it performs well both at infinity and at macro ranges, depending upon your bellows draw. The literature lists it as being optimized up to 5:1. And it takes 52mm filters, which as noted above, are a standard size for 35mm gear.

Roger Thoms
7-Apr-2019, 15:18
I use a 240mm G-Claron which I really like. Haven’t use any other 240mm’s so I can’t compare. I can say that the G-Claron is reasonable compact and was affordable.

Roger.

linhofbiker
7-Apr-2019, 23:44
I have an old Symmar f:6.8 in 240mm, it is in a No 4 Ilex shutter and cost less than $200. It is great for B/W.

Mick Fagan
8-Apr-2019, 04:11
I second thinking about the Fujinon 250mm f/6.3 Ever so slightly longer than 240mm

I have this lens and it is a superb lens for my 4x5" format cameras, both studio monorail and folding wood camera.

Compared the other best known brands, it is cheap.

Mick.

Pere Casals
8-Apr-2019, 04:15
Regarding the make, for great performance-cost, I'd prefer one of next of around 1980 vintage:

Schneider Symmar-S Multicoating

Rodenstock Sironar-N MC

Some of those lenses were made with single coating, you may prefer the multicoated version. Nikon-W and Fuji equivalents are also good...

Just pointing that first models that were multicoated are found cheaper, while sporting total perfomance for any need I can think, an APO Symmar-S or an APO Sironar-N will perform the same than those not APO stamped. While manufacturing always improved a bit with time those non "APO stamped" are a really good choice.

Ricardo Maydana
8-Apr-2019, 06:05
Thank you, it is very true I saw and compared a glaron with fujinon, and the size of the second is considerable. my team if not so light, is an ark with 171x171mm base and each lens should go in its base. The idea is not to carry more than 3 bases with lens. my head there are three ideas (120 /150/210) or (120/180/240), the 120 can be 110, most of the output I take landscapes or interiors of old houses ... or stables ... I had a my hands a 90mm, and honestly I did not feel comfortable with the image on the glass.
Thank you for your indications and each time closer to the decision making.

Ricardo Maydana
11-Apr-2019, 12:37
It's very true, the G-Claron is compact, and a good opation,
I've seen impressions with this lens and I liked them.
Greetings

Ricardo Maydana
11-Apr-2019, 12:38
It's a good idea to ride on ilex, I have an ilex 305 and it's doing great.

Ricardo Maydana
11-Apr-2019, 12:42
Thank you for the contribution, I will see to put in the sites of offers a search for those models.
I might amuse myself to look in one of the second-hand houses.
this to buy by catalogue from South America, without touching or seeing before is very crazy.

DG 3313
11-Apr-2019, 18:13
I didn't see Dagor in my speed reading. I have a 240mm F6.8 Dagor in a barrel that I think I paid 75-100$ for. I like it especially at that price.

Don

Ricardo Maydana
11-Apr-2019, 18:53
I didn't see Dagor in my speed reading. I have a 240mm F6.8 Dagor in a barrel that I think I paid 75-100$ for. I like it especially at that price.

Don

If that's a good price. I hope to have your luck and tape one that fits my budget.

Ricardo Maydana
12-Apr-2019, 05:54
I use a 240mm G-Claron which I really like. Haven’t use any other 240mm’s so I can’t compare. I can say that the G-Claron is reasonable compact and was affordable.

Roger.

it's true, it's compact and light... I only hope that my budget rises or if there is an offer according to my budget, the obeuno that there is time to do this. for me it's only pure inner strength I do it as relaxation.
Greetings