PDA

View Full Version : 20mm recessed lens board not fitting

rpagliari
5-Apr-2019, 12:43
I bought a 20mm recessed lens board (linhof) to use with a schneider 75mm copal 0.

Unfortunately, the lens board does not fit the camera by a hair. The back of the lens board touches the front of the camera and I'm unable to properly put it in place.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem? If so, is there a way to make it fit?

Louis Pacilla
5-Apr-2019, 13:21
Yes I had that problem when I was using a Wista SP or my RF. The top back part of the recess would hit the top of the rear standard, it Just would not fit. As I recall there was enough metal on the corner of the rear recess that I could flat file (at an angle) enough of that part of the recess I could be made to fit. I'm not 100% sure as this has been at least 10 years ago or better.

rpagliari
5-Apr-2019, 13:24
Yes I had that problem when I was using a Wista SP or my RF. The top back part of the recess would hit the top of the rear standard, it Just would not fit. As I recall there was enough metal on the corner of the rear recess that I could flat file (at an angle) enough of that part of the recess I could be made to fit. I'm not 100% sure as this has been at least 10 years ago or better.

I'm not good at DIY in general. Do you mind if I asked you how you made it flat, did you just hit it with something?

Louis Pacilla
5-Apr-2019, 14:17
I'm not good at DIY in general. Do you mind if I asked you how you made it flat, did you just hit it with something?

Yeah sure and the answers a easy one. As I remember I used a couple small "flat" files and then repainted/touched up the bright spot in the aluminum where I filed it flat. I used something like this- https://www.grainger.com/product/13H040?gclid=CjwKCAjw-ZvlBRBbEiwANw9UWsDwzn-QJlXihVMJD57e78TDmJSm6q87qrkcWzycfGVx6dKrFJj9PRoCJmcQAvD_BwE&cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&ef_id=CjwKCAjw-ZvlBRBbEiwANw9UWsDwzn-QJlXihVMJD57e78TDmJSm6q87qrkcWzycfGVx6dKrFJj9PRoCJmcQAvD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!264955915862!!!g!461779184394!

B.S.Kumar
5-Apr-2019, 16:51
If you're using a Wista camera, I addressed this problem here:
https://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?137950-Inner-Plate-for-Wista-Cameras-to-allow-Recessed-Boards-to-fit

Kumar

Lightbender
10-Apr-2019, 21:54
You did not mention weekday camera you have.
But i have a shen-hao hzx-ii or something. I had an original linhof recessed lens board and it did not quite fit.

I sold it and bought a different brand. I think the one i have now is nikkor branded so that may be hard to find. But keep looking, and buy something with a return allowed.