PDA

View Full Version : AGC Shutter issues

JimboWalker
30-Mar-2019, 15:23
I have a 65mm f8 Super-Angulon with a self cocking AGC shutter. Speeds seem OK, except 1 second setting hangs up more often than not. I know this setup is not worth much, but would like to get rid of this issue. I am tempted to shoot some electric contact cleaner in there and a couple drops of thin oil?

Jac@stafford.net
30-Mar-2019, 15:39
I have a 65mm f8 Super-Angulon with a self cocking AGC shutter. Speeds seem OK, except 1 second setting hangs up more often than not.

Shoot two 1/2 second exposures. :)

JimboWalker
30-Mar-2019, 15:42
DUH? It always takes someone else to state the obvious! Thanks!!!

Greg
30-Mar-2019, 16:30
Did the 65mm f8 Super-Angulon normally come with a COMPUR shutter? Maybe you could find a used COMPUR and substitute it for the AGC, if the threads match. I had a shutter that hung up on the 1 sec. and sometimes on the 1/2 sec. setting. Use the B setting for making 1 sec exposures. Then first day on vacation the shutter began hanging up on all the slower speeds... lost a lot of photo opportunities back then.

Bob Salomon
30-Mar-2019, 16:45
AGC made the Prontor shutter, among others, Prontor Werke made the Compur shutter. You might check with Grimes to see if you couldn’t get your lens into a more modern shutter with x synch.