PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Lens Carrier
13-Mar-2019, 15:45
Hi all,

I hope I'm posting this correctly... Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member here. I'm a photographer of many years. I got started in medium format with 120 a long time ago with a Rolleiflex, before upgrading to a Hasselblad. I made the leap to large format a few years ago with a 4x5 that I enjoy. I recently made the bigger leap to 8x10 with a Toyo G. It's glaring at me with a big 300mm eye from across the room, just daring me to take it out for the first time once the warmer weather arrives this spring. This thing doesn't bite, does it?

profvandegraf
13-Mar-2019, 17:44
Hello! Don't worry big cameras don't bite but they do sometimes draw a crowd.

Vaughn
13-Mar-2019, 19:34
Welcome -- they only bite the wallet...hee, hee!

EdSawyer
14-Mar-2019, 05:47
with a Rolleiflex, before upgrading to a Hasselblad.

Debatable if that was an upgrade, or more like a sideways move (or dare I say downgrade? ;-) LOL

welcome and have fun with LF.

Mike in NY
14-Mar-2019, 06:22
Welcome, to my friend LC!

Lens Carrier
14-Mar-2019, 06:38
Thanks everyone! Mike introduced me to this forum, him and I are going on a landscape shoot of the Hudson River Pallisades today. Vaughn, you're right about the wallet I noticed it was lighter after I bought the Toyo. I got it for a nice price even though Mike explained its more a studio camera instead a field camera. We will keep it close to the car!

Serge S
14-Mar-2019, 11:56
It helps to have sense of humor in life :)

Welcome -- they only bite the wallet...hee, hee!

Lens Carrier
14-Mar-2019, 13:42
Yeah I guess it does... maybe I can tell that to my better half when I start paying for bigger film. bigger lenses and bigger everything else that goes with 8x10 instead of 4x5

John Kasaian
18-Mar-2019, 06:29
Welcome aboard!

Alan Gales
18-Mar-2019, 08:58
If you really want to learn about wallet biting then ask Vaughn about his 11x14! ;)

Welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you!