PDA

View Full Version : Show: "A World of Alternatives", Ansel Adams Gallery, April 1st, 2019

Vaughn
10-Mar-2019, 18:20
Kerik Kouklis, Mark Citret, Jeff Conley, and myself will be having a show of our work at the Ansel Adams Gallery in Yosemite Valley. The show opens on April 1st and if you are in the area, our reception for the show is on April 27th from 1pm to 3pm.

I will be having a mix of 4x10 and 8x10 platinum/palladium prints and carbon prints -- of Yosemite and back here at home under the redwoods.

I do not know how long the show will be up -- I'll post that soon!

Here are two that will be in the show -- both in Yosemite Valley, one pt/pd and one carbon print.

WARNING -- just corrected date for the opening...April 27th!

Hugo Zhang
10-Mar-2019, 18:22
Vaughn,

Congratulation!

Hugo

Roger Thoms
10-Mar-2019, 19:00
Congratulations Vaughn, been a long time fan of Mark Citret, had to look up Keff Conley, not sure how he flew under my radar. Your certainly in good company.

Roger

Kirk_L
10-Mar-2019, 19:33
Vaughn, Thanks for the update. We met a bit over a year ago when you demonstrated your carbon printing process in Hayward. This is great ! I spent four days in a wonderful Yosemite workshop led by Mark Citret last spring and am going to be in the Kerik Kouklis workshop in a few weeks. I will really try make to make the reception on the 17th.
Looking forward to it.
Kirk

Merg Ross
10-Mar-2019, 20:51
Kerik Kouklis, Mark Citret, Jeff Conley, and myself will be having a show of our work at the Ansel Adams Gallery in Yosemite Valley. The show opens on April 1st and if you are in the area, our reception for the show is on April 17th from 1pm to 3pm.

I will be having a mix of 4x10 and 8x10 platinum/palladium prints and carbon prints -- of Yosemite and back here at home under the redwoods.

I do not know how long the show will be up -- I'll post that soon!

Here are two that will be in the show -- both in Yosemite Valley, one pt/pd and one carbon print.

Vaughn, that second one is a beauty.

Congratulations, and here's to a good audience!

Vaughn
11-Mar-2019, 01:38
Vaughn, Thanks for the update. We met a bit over a year ago when you demonstrated your carbon printing process in Hayward. This is great ! I spent four days in a wonderful Yosemite workshop led by Mark Citret last spring and am going to be in the Kerik Kouklis workshop in a few weeks. I will really try make to make the reception on the 17th.
Looking forward to it.
Kirk

I made a typo in the original post -- the reception for the show is April 27th -- not the 17th. Still hope to see you!

Alan Curtis
11-Mar-2019, 04:31
Congratulations Vaughn, wish I was on that side of the US.

Joe O'Hara
12-Mar-2019, 12:39
What Alan said. And, the Valley Wall is a Vaughn picture if I ever saw one.

Jim Fitzgerald
12-Mar-2019, 13:54
Vaughn, I was hoping to be able to come down for the show. If it would have been the 17th I could have made that. 27th I can't make it. Congratulations and say hi to everyone for me.

Tri Tran
13-Mar-2019, 09:59
Congratulations Vaughn. I will try to be there. look forward to meet you.

Vaughn
5-Apr-2019, 00:40
An update...the show is up and will be up through June. Every three weeks, one of the four of us will be highlighted with 10 or so prints on the walls, with four prints each from the remaining three photographers. I will have all my work up in June. But all work not on the walls will be available in the drawers for those who wish to see all the work, or more of a particular photographer.

I will be there for the reception on Saturday, April 27th (1pm to 3pm). Looking forward to meeting any and all LFers!

Leszek Vogt
5-Apr-2019, 01:54
Congrats, Vaughn. Not making any plans, but I might make it there in June (big maybe maybe).

Les

pepeguitarra
5-Apr-2019, 04:56
Congrats, the quality of the two samples show why you are showing at Yosemite. Excellent work, I love the second one more.