PDA

View Full Version : Fujinon W lenses in unnumbered Copal shutters

Mike in NY
9-Mar-2019, 18:43
Many Fujinon W lenses are found in unnumbered Copal shutters. Are these shutters different from the numbered versions, and if so, in what ways? Also, I make my own lens boards, and am interested in knowing if the hole required in a lens board for an unnumbered Copal shutter is different from one of the numbered Copal shutters. For example, is the hole required for an unnumbered Copal shutter different from, or the same as, say, a Copal 0 shutter? Many thanks!

BrianShaw
10-Mar-2019, 12:55
What is the diameter of the mount thread, in millimeters?

lucaas
10-Mar-2019, 13:00
No, there is no difference.

pepeguitarra
10-Mar-2019, 13:12
I found not-numbered Copal shutter in the number 3 Copal. I have seen the Copal 3 come with the label Copal only or with Copal 3. I have always seen the Copal 3S with the label 3S. However, if a big copal with no number shows up, it could be a 3 or a 3S. The Copal 3's hole is different from the Copal 3S. The 3S only allows the shutter of the regular lens to go through, it does not leave room for the retaining ring or spacer to fit. The 3S will only fit lenses made for 3S. I just learned that by experience and asking here few days ago.