PDA

View Full Version : Outage Notification Saturday, March 9, 10AM PST (18:00 GMT)

Tom Westbrook
7-Mar-2019, 08:19
There will be a short outage of about one hour starting from 10AM Pacific time this Saturday, March 9, so we can move everything off the current server to a new one.

We are also moving DNS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System) providers for the largeformatphotography.info domain starting today, but that should be seamless and not cause any issues. If you experience name resolution problem (you'll see something like a 'server not found' error), you may loose the ability to get to the forum temporarily. Jut keep trying every few minutes...the change requires DNS records to replicate globally so that can take some time for all locations. Rebooting your computer might be required if it caches DNS info.

Mike in NY
7-Mar-2019, 08:40
Thank you for everything you, the other moderators, and technicians do to keep the forum running smoothly.

Jerry Bodine
7-Mar-2019, 11:35
Thank you for everything you, the other moderators, and technicians do to keep the forum running smoothly.

+1 definitely.

BBW
7-Mar-2019, 11:47
+2 :)

Tom Westbrook
9-Mar-2019, 12:13
We're moved! Let me know if you find any problems.

Peter Mounier
9-Mar-2019, 12:22
Works for me! Thanks!!

Roger Thoms
9-Mar-2019, 13:56
Working fine on my end, thanks for your work and dedication to the forum. I’ts so nice that we don’t have ads popping up all over the place like other forums.

Roger

Louis Pacilla
9-Mar-2019, 13:58
Thanks Tom & others involved in keeping LFPF up & running I/we appreciate all the effort guys!

This is my favorite hub, w/ loads of good & helpful people/friends (most always) & a great resource of large format information not to mention the images both LF and other smaller formats shared here are TERRIFIC!

BRAVO FOLKS!

Joe O'Hara
12-Mar-2019, 12:15
As a former engineering manager, I can tell you that the best compliment to an IT group when they execute a transition like this is, "I didn't even notice it."

I didn't even notice it.

Well done!