PDA

View Full Version : What about Richard Ritter

Tin Can
4-Mar-2019, 14:18
His website is gone

Mike in NY
4-Mar-2019, 14:45
Oh, no, I hope it's just a temporary server problem. I visited Richard years ago at his home workshop for two days of one-on-one coaching, and hope all is well. He even tuned up my old AGFA 8x10 and 5x7 while I was there. Perhaps he'll chime in here, or maybe Bruce or another friend will do so.

Andrew Plume
4-Mar-2019, 15:01
Suggest you contact Bruce Barlow (who is on here), they used to be good friends

Andrew

RichardRitter
4-Mar-2019, 15:18
The story
The web provider sent out a notice in Feb that a new company would be hosting the web site. I filled out the form and got a reply. But they dropped the ball and never sent me the follow up info.
So as it stands the site will be down for a week. while I have to jump through all these hops that should of been done in Feb while the site was still working and it would not be down.

Yes I an pissed off.

Mike in NY
4-Mar-2019, 15:25
We're sorry to hear this, Richard. But good to know that it's just a temporary problem, but still a serious one.

Carl J
4-Mar-2019, 16:01
Whew! Glad it's just a temporary interruption.

Tin Can
4-Mar-2019, 16:12
Just for the record i was trying to refer a customer to Richard Ritter in another thread and wanted to post the website.

I linked that thread to this one.

Mike in NY
4-Mar-2019, 16:48
Here is Richard's contact information from a cached version of his website:

Richard T Ritter
(802)-365-7807
info@lg4mat.net

Probably best to call since there are server issues right now.

BrianShaw
4-Mar-2019, 18:02
... so much for the Internet where every murmur made is retained for an eternity. Retention, obviously, has nothing to do with accession. :)

Bruce Barlow
5-Mar-2019, 05:20
Suggest you contact Bruce Barlow (who is on here), they used to be good friends

Andrew

We still are, and I treasure the friendship. I spoke to him last week. He was busy building and repairing cameras, and making film holders.

You saw his response about website hosters.

And I agree with Mike: for many reasons, it's best to CALL him and have a chat. Richard is generous with his time and expertise.

Luis-F-S
5-Mar-2019, 10:21
The story
The web provider sent out a notice in Feb that a new company would be hosting the web site. I filled out the form and got a reply. But they dropped the ball and never sent me the follow up info.
So as it stands the site will be down for a week. while I have to jump through all these hops that should of been done in Feb while the site was still working and it would not be down.

Richard, if you could give us the head's up once it's back on line and the URL if different. Thank you, L

Jim Fitzgerald
5-Mar-2019, 10:23
Just got an e-mail from Richard today. He is building me some 14x17 holders. Slow going due to the cold weather. Just my .02.

Tin Can
5-Mar-2019, 10:50
RR made my 11X14 holders and back for the S11. Excellent

Winter is for inside work in cold climates.

Just got an e-mail from Richard today. He is building me some 14x17 holders. Slow going due to the cold weather. Just my .02.

RichardRitter
5-Mar-2019, 13:32
The email address of info@lg4mat.net is not working.

Use this address richartritter@gmail.com

What a pain in the back side this is.

peter schrager
5-Mar-2019, 16:18
The email address of info@lg4mat.net is not working.

Use this address richartritter@gmail.com

What a pain in the back side this is.

they have email up there?? wow what a new development!! see you soon Richard!!

RichardRitter
6-Mar-2019, 04:13
The next part of the story

In order to do the transfer I had to provide 2 forms of ID. One an image of my driver license and a bill with my info on it. Problem is Vermont requires your legal address be on the license. I live on a dirt road post office will not deliver to homes on dirt roads. All my mail has the post office box on it. Try explaining that to the person on the other end of the phone.

The person ask in a question that went like this ”How do you live, no cell service, bad internet service and a dirt road you must live in the middle of nowhere”.

Pfsor
6-Mar-2019, 05:00
In order to do the transfer I had to provide 2 forms of ID. One an image of my driver license and a bill with my info on it. Problem is Vermont requires your legal address be on the license. I live on a dirt road post office will not deliver to homes on dirt roads. All my mail has the post office box on it. Try explaining that to the person on the other end of the phone.

The person ask in a question that went like this ”How do you live, no cell service, bad internet service and a dirt road you must live in the middle of nowhere”.

Welcome to the modern life! Will be only worst later... (don't ask me how I know).

bloodhoundbob
6-Mar-2019, 07:10
Wow, Richard. I can only imagine the questions that person would have for John Coffer.

Bruce Barlow
6-Mar-2019, 08:03

He does. I can vouch for it.:cool:

aaronnate
6-Mar-2019, 11:57

I have the same, "That address does not exist" issue. The Irony of the whole situation is companies who say you don't exist because of no home mail delivery are baseing this off the United States Postal Service address list. In order to get a PO box you have to show that the address exists with a utility bill.

Oren Grad
16-Mar-2019, 22:10
Richard, if you could give us the head's up once it's back on line and the URL if different. Thank you, L

I just checked - Richard's site is back up now, at the same URL (lg4mat.net).