PDA

View Full Version : Odd light leaks on 4x5 negative

kostylevviktor
3-Mar-2019, 12:28
Good daytime gentlemen,

For a few weeks I’m struggling to figure out why my negatives have such a strange leaks (more like overexposed areas). That’s true not for all holders but for a few of them, but with the very similar manner.

Both times holder has been inserted vertically from above.

Hope that anybody has experienced something like this or has an idea of it might be caused by.

Thanks in advance!

ic-racer
3-Mar-2019, 14:09
Must be some type of rotating back to do verticals. Is the back properly affixed? Does the camera have interchangeable bellows? Are the bellows properly attached at the back?

bobbotron
3-Mar-2019, 14:52
Good daytime gentlemen,

For a few weeks I’m struggling to figure out why my negatives have such a strange leaks (more like overexposed areas). That’s true not for all holders but for a few of them, but with the very similar manner.

Both times holder has been inserted vertically from above.

Hope that anybody has experienced something like this or has an idea of it might be caused by.

Thanks in advance!

If it's a sprung back, maybe you're pulling the holder out a tiny bit when you pull the dark slide out?

Hmuessig
3-Mar-2019, 17:01
Both examples look light-struck from the same side so I'll second bobbotron's thoughts. Was the camera exposed to direct sunlight on that side?

Do you squeeze the back and rear-standard with one hand while pulling and inserting the darkslide?

Hope you sort it out. Problems like this used to be so much easier with Polaroid!