PDA

View Full Version : Franke & Heidecke HEIDOSMAT 150/2.8 projection lens

ManWithManyHobbies
2-Mar-2019, 12:57
I was wondering if anyone is using this particular lens on a 4x5? I have a Wista 45N myself and IF this projection lens is compatible can cover 4x5? Also how would you mounted it on a lens board for my particular camera. Would love to see a few good pictures of what the adaption would look like and what would be involved in doing so.

Thanks ...

PS: I should mention for portraits. Also how are you using it, or mods made to it. I should have mentioned that I have machining abilities, CAD abilities and a 3D printer.

Oslolens
2-Mar-2019, 13:06
I just cut a hole in a lensboard and glued it on. Without shutter, I'm prefer my Xenar-D F3.5 in Compound #2. Sold to a guy looking for something to use with low Iso or wet plate

Big Wehman, Toyo 5x7" and a small Chamonix

Corran
3-Mar-2019, 12:09
Friend of mine uses one for WP portraits on his Speed Graphic.

You're going to have issues without a focal-plane shutter unless you are planning on shooting inside with dim light or doing the "turn off the lights, pull the slide, and pop the flash" trick. And hope your model stays still or get a head brace.

ManWithManyHobbies
3-Mar-2019, 17:16
Thanks Corran, I figured that. To bad because I really like the pic(s) I've seen but it was used on a SG camera.