PDA

View Full Version : Removing Linhof Logo

Sako308
20-Feb-2019, 16:04
I have some lens-holder plates for 4x6" Linhof. There is a Linhof-Logo as a metal (around 0.5x0.4" size) attached to front of the holder.
Anyone knows how I can remove the Logo and not damaging it?

Jac@stafford.net
20-Feb-2019, 16:22
I have some lens-holder plates for 4x6" Linhof. There is a Linhof-Logo as a metal (around 0.5x0.4" size) attached to front of the holder.
Anyone knows how I can remove the Logo and not damaging it?

Does anyone in your house have nail polish remover? It is acetone. If none is readily available buy some at a hardware store. Then prop the lens board at about a 45 degree angle and put a couple drops in from the top-front. Have a beer and then pry it off with a finger nail. (One beer is a good metric. :))

Heat also works.

Bob Salomon
20-Feb-2019, 17:02
Does anyone in your house have nail polish remover? It is acetone. If none is readily available buy some at a hardware store. Then prop the lens board at about a 45 degree angle and put a couple drops in from the top-front. Have a beer and then pry it off with a finger nail. (One beer is a good metric. :))

Heat also works.

That should do it. In my experience there are more people looking to replace them then to remove them.i have a few dozen of Linhof factory lapel/tie pins that I have been thinking of trying to find somewhere to sell them but then I also have dozens of Rollei, Minox and other ones as well.

Jac@stafford.net
20-Feb-2019, 17:08
That should do it. In my experience there are more people looking to replace them then to remove them.i have a few dozen of Linhof factory lapel/tie pins that I have been thinking of trying to find somewhere to sell them but then I also have dozens of Rollei, Minox and other ones as well.

Perhaps the poster wants to be honest by removing a Linhof emblem from a board that has been modified.

Greg
20-Feb-2019, 17:26
Funny.... removing but a Linhof Logo has never been a problem for me. My problem was that they were always falling off. I was very, very lucky most of the time in finding them loose on the studio floor. Eventually removed all of them and re-attached them with JB Weld epoxy adhesive. The ones I removed to re-glue, I just used a small chisel to easily pop them off. FYI: have come across maybe 4 rip-off Linhof lensboards made in China with that same Linhof Logos on them. Half were crude reproductions, but the other half were very exact reproductions (of the logo). All those lens boards were sub-standard to OEM Linhof lens boards. Thought that purchasing "Linhof" lens boards from a seller in the USA probably insured that the boards were OEM German ones... I was totally wrong, those 4 rip-off boards were purchased from USA addresses.

Tin Can
21-Feb-2019, 03:51
Since Bob is on this thread, has anybody done destructive testing of both OE Linhof Technika and faux.

I know OE are dimensionally best by usage not measure.

I have never seen a cracked OE.

I have seen Faux cracked in 1/2 but I didn’t observe the event.

I recently got a injection molded Faux that is very flexible! Perhaps OK for the Pinhole application.

And I have removed Linhof Badges from several 8x10 Linhof lens boards as they interfered with my ‘hack’ to install a Sinar adaptor.

The badge did easily pry off.