PDA

View Full Version : Gitzo tripod head

Steve Sherman
31-Jan-2019, 11:12
I have a fairly new Gitzo head I use for 5x7 and 7x17 cameras. One of the adjustment levers has become hopelessly tight. I need a repair or Gitzo warranty location to correct the head. Memory tells me that Gitzo is no longer guaranteed for life as they once were.
Any suggestions on repair facility??

Thx. SS.

Jerry Bodine
31-Jan-2019, 12:18
From the Gitzo website:
https://www.manfrotto.us/customer-service/spare-parts

Our customers are very important to us. Vitec Imaging Distribution Inc and C.R.I.S. (Camera Repair Instrument Service) are partnering to bring you the best service experience possible. Acting as the authorized factory service provider for Vitec Imaging Distribution in the United States, CRIS is equipped and ready to fulfill all your service needs.

Manfrotto brands that will be serviced at CRIS include Manfrotto, Gitzo, Bowens, Limelite, National Geographic, Kata, Metz, Lastolite, Gossen and Avenger. CRIS’s long-standing quality assurance process will ensure that repairs for all of Vitec Imaging Distribution’s brands and products are inspected and approved before leaving their facility. CRIS promises a full satisfaction guarantee on repairs and labor for 90 days and provides online tracking throughout the repair process. Its streamlined repair and inventory process ensures for ultimate efficiency and factory authorized quality means only original factory parts are used.

Please note: Vitec Imaging Distribution Inc is authorized to service and ship equipment within the United States only. For all service, in or out of warranty, a valid U.S. shipping address must accompany the repair.

CRIS is open from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (MST) Monday through Friday.
All packages should be shipped to:
Manfrotto Service @ C.R.I.S.
250 North 54th Street
Chandler, AZ 85226

Phone: 480.940.1103
Email: VitecImagingService@criscam.com

Keith Pitman
31-Jan-2019, 16:05
If you just need parts, try gitzospares.com.

Bob Salomon
31-Jan-2019, 16:13
I have a fairly new Gitzo head I use for 5x7 and 7x17 cameras. One of the adjustment levers has become hopelessly tight. I need a repair or Gitzo warranty location to correct the head. Memory tells me that Gitzo is no longer guaranteed for life as they once were.
Any suggestions on repair facility??

Thx. SS.

When Gitzo was distributed by Karl Heitz he extended a lifetime warranty. Of course, they didn’t detail if it was the tripod’s lifetime or the buyer’s lifetime.
When Gitzo was bought by Manfrotto which was then bought by Vitec there no longer was a lifetime warranty and they no longer honored old Karl Heitz product that needed “warranty” service.

All this happened a few decades ago!